Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 to 2022 "Reports Only"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
full-cooler
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 "Reports Only"

Post by full-cooler »

some deerfield pier rats went there yesterday with live baits and did well on snook i heard...

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Lots of snook.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i was there yesterday sun up to sun down water is a chitty brown color few small schools of mullet nothing working them bait is really hard to come by schools are in n out baits are tiny

i really thought with the north we had yesterday it would have been on fire but i was sadly dispointed

way way too much river water i will say this if this wind continues and that water cleans up some its gonna be real soon
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Was out there today. Massive schools of sardines. Ribbion fish and blue fish being causing. Saw one 38in snook come up. He went back in. Saw four pods of mullet about 10 in each pod
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Hit the pier @6.30 this morning.Water was brown and I taught we won't catch anything today.Lost of bait pods and Jacks and Snook hitting them early.
I caught a 33"Snook and later some Macks Blue fish lady fish and some Jacks.
But my friend who was fishing for macks caught the fish of the day.He tale hooked a Permit with his gotcha and took him about 20 min to bring it up.
Also saw some small kings and ribbon fish caught today.Mullet coming trough as well.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Fishing must be very good if no report coming on this site.

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

Snook season!

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished the pier yesterday from 7:30am - 1:00pm.... The main catches of the day were Bluefish and small Jacks....they seemed to be everywhere, but were very small....most of them about 12-14". I did see a couple come up close to 2 lbs, but there were scarce! As for bait, there were some very small baits up in the surf, but other than that, nothing until about 12 noon when a good sized pod of mullet came through with a bunch of tarpon crashing them. Saw a couple of very small macs come up, but too small to keep!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Thanks for the report, I hope they trickle down! Were they thick? Bigger blues or smallish? How about the macks? Snakes (aka small kings) or decent sized spanish?

-swordfish

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

Was out there two days in a row. Thursday morning there was a nice run of mac's and pomps, then it all died off, with a mixture of small jack's, runner and blue's. This morning, more small jacks, hardly any mac's, sprinkled with a few runners, and a handful of blue fish. In other words, slow going on a windy high surf day. Best part was seeing this guys bluefish get annihilated by a lemon shark right on top of the water...it was like watching National Geographic, the entire shark came out of the water and nailed this thing, broke his line of course...very entertaining! :alien:
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

mpicasso
Fisher

Post by mpicasso »

Fished Monday last week, bottom of tide - water clear, hundreds of sand perch, but none biting. Seems to be a few greenies around but 5-6 big snook hanging around and seemed to shut everything down. Managed to hook in to one but did not get very far.

Wednesday, it was a WINDY! Fished from noon until 6ish, catching one runner and 1 decent mack. Literally less than 10 people fishing the entire time.

Taking the youngest one out tomorrow (7) to see if we can't catch something. Worst case, he can catch some bait for me. Forgot the gotcha plugs last time but mackeral we're sitting on the bottom. Will post tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Live in Lake Worth area and wanting to take kids out, all under 12. Any places that are more productive for little stuff? We fish boynton inlet but that is for me...snook and sharks.

kahmad
Fisher

Post by kahmad »

I wouldnt recommend the snook islands area for kids - they'll be bored.

If you want to keep your 7 year old entertained fish phil foster with shrimp or cut bait there's a ton of little fish there to keep a rod bent, and if you get a pinfish or two throw em out on a circle hook there's some big cudas around there.

mpicasso
Fisher

Post by mpicasso »

kahmad wrote:I wouldnt recommend the snook islands area for kids - they'll be bored.
Fished snook island couple of days this week, getting there at the beginning of a falling tide. Did pretty well catching white perch on shrimp and squid. Have always done well at Phil Fosters...just typically forget about it. Live in LakeWorth and if driving that far, typically hit structures in Jupiter.

rickcicc
Fisher

Post by rickcicc »

Try the fishing pier or the area just north of it in Phil Foster Park with kids. Use shrimp or cut bait with a float in the current or on the bottom. There are a lot of different fish here but also watch for the very abundant needlefish and occasional barracuda.

mpicasso
Fisher

Post by mpicasso »

rickcicc wrote:Try the fishing pier or the area just north of it in Phil Foster Park with kids. Use shrimp or cut bait with a float in the current or on the bottom. There are a lot of different fish here but also watch for the very abundant needlefish and occasional barracuda.
Thanks! Headed there today!

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Any reports from Juno pier? I think I'm heading up there on Monday.
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

Velocirangelo
Fisher

Post by Velocirangelo »

Was at juno a week ago and only saw someone only pull up a tiny mac.....pier was completely dead..couldn't even catch bait. Would some one tell me the best time to hit up juno cuz its a ling drive for me coming from miami

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

PaulieBoy wrote:Summertime is when the bait shows up along with the fish, wintertime is only worth it if you have a strong easterly wind.
agreed sardines ball up pretty thick at juno.
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished the pier Sat morning from daylight till about 10am. Water was crystal clear and wind from the southwest. Activity at the T was almost non-existant although I did manage to get one sp mackeral on about the third cast. I also heard there were a few pomps caught closer to the beach, some look downs, and the odd spanish mackeral. Bring on the baitfish and summer fishing!! :cheers:

timwfm
Fisher

Post by timwfm »

Is there any bait at the pier yet? Thanks

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013-2014 "Reports Only"

Post by fishaddict0916 »

A bit of a late report, but I fished the pier Sat morning, June 28th, from day light till about 10:30. The surf was full of "micro baits", but nothing else as far as bait goes. Not sure where all the larger summer baits are, but they definitely were not at the pier. The pier is stacked with spawning snook like it usually is in the summer time. I fished the T....and first thing in the morning, there were a few decent sized jacks that came through. The ones I saw caught were probably in the 6 to 8 lb range. Other than that, just the odd school of Bonito that would fly through and if you were ready with a top water, you could hook into one of those. Hopefully things will pick up when or IF the larger baits ever show up.

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013-2014 "Reports Only"

Post by HookinSnook »

Thanks for the report FishAddict! The bait should get better later in the summer 8)
Frank

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”