Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 to 2022 "Reports Only"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
k5523915
Old Salt

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2013 to 2016 "Reports Only"

Post by k5523915 »

Green Tide wrote:I guess haulover where's the best spot since that's where I would go toO. Go up on the bridge at night and drop down by those fenders you going to need a good 4 ounce or so in the big boys are out there
lol that's dangerous.. I used to see a big dude that rides a tricycle, he would throw across the fences underneath the bridge to reach that spot.. but i havent seen him for a while now

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:Oh, almost forgot...filefish love fleas too! Lol...no lie, I've caught some that were like 2lbs!

i always just give them away.... i know people that how to fillet them and say white meat tastes good

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:Just my 2 cents...every sheepie I've ever caught has been on live sand fleas at haulover. Like stated above, the hardest part of knowing which is a sheepshead bite vs parrotfish or chubs is a mystery when you're not sight fishing. But they love fleas...are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Lol
What I talking about is strictly limited at Boynton Northern Inlet...am talking about a way I learned that locals are catching the limit when the water is clear...They were hiding their baits under sea weeds in bucket... It took a while to get friendly and collect the intel... lol

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Are these things black with yellow spots.
Awaiting pic with limit of convicts...

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

sounds like "ancient chinese secret"

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Sebastain was a bust only saw 1 good flounder and 3 sheeps caught. At least the Spanish mack bite was decent and I was the only one who knew how to use a gotcha I lost 4 though and on one was taken past the jetty and almost spooled before I locked drag and broke it felt like a king to me. Also hooked the top of my handle with a gotcha treble suprisingly didn't hurt bad just bled. Fuc sebastain I'll be back for my flounder

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

you are having bad luck at Sebastian, dont give up

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Yea, from atop of the bridge, there are some big sheepies there GT...I've never fished there since I was scared of bal harbour police...lol..so I caught mines off of the jetty.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Nice little report hjared...fishing should pick back up this weekend. But at least you're stretching the line! :)

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

4 got to mention... huge black drum off the front of the north jetty on live shrimp I saw several coming over the rail and some snookzillas released

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

lkatze2 wrote:sounds like "ancient chinese secret"
Sorry I can break my vow... :rabbit:

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Post by bigboyjames11 »

HJared wrote:Sebastain was a bust only saw 1 good flounder and 3 sheeps caught. At least the Spanish mack bite was decent and I was the only one who knew how to use a gotcha I lost 4 though and on one was taken past the jetty and almost spooled before I locked drag and broke it felt like a king to me. Also hooked the top of my handle with a gotcha treble suprisingly didn't hurt bad just bled. Fuc sebastain I'll be back for my flounder
Medium sized finger mullet bounched around the bridge pilings and the rocks are flounder candy at Sebastian
only the big and strong survive

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Jarred-mud minnow

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I tried mud minnows and small mullet. Today I think was just a slow day there were only 3 caught and 2 were barely legal. Then again I know it's a learning thing. The current rips and there's a lot of grass so there are constant bumps. Not to mention the rocks have you reigning every 10 casts. People told me to fish 3 rods but I don't think that'd possible

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

can you get a good spot? i mean the end of jetty is always crowded,, the jetty side is where the rocks are...

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

HJared wrote:Also hooked the top of my handle with a gotcha treble suprisingly didn't hurt bad just bled. Fuc sebastain I'll be back for my flounder
Why would hooking the top of the handle hurt? The blood is probably old fish crap baked on because you don't wash your equipment? As far as catching flounder bouncing the bait (even just a strip of squid) over the bottom is the ticket. You know how they lay on the bottom and nail bait as it swims by. Bouncing covers territory which naturally increases % success. A strip of white fluke belly is the absolute best but it's not legal to use. And there's also a fine for killing a praying mantis.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I hooked my hand*

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Fishing is just allot of work for the opportunity to have others pick at your failures.
Jared you should have tried cutting a strip of palm flesh while you had it hooked. :auto:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote: As far as catching flounder bouncing the bait (even just a strip of squid) over the bottom is the ticket. You know how they lay on the bottom and nail bait as it swims by. Bouncing covers territory which naturally increases % success. A strip of white fluke belly is the absolute best but it's not legal to use. And there's also a fine for killing a praying mantis.
:thumright:
If you let the bait stay at the bottom, they don't see your bait.
Bouncing your sinker up and down is key so they can see the bait from their ambush position at the bottom.
Once they spot the bait, they will chase and go for it.

You need to cover lots of area... fish bites typically when sinker goes down.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Next time i will try a piece of my hand lol. i fould hooked a mac that was flopping like crazy as i was tryin to get the front trebble out 2 of the back trebble points hooked me. It was funny it was bleeding like crazy and i just wiped it on my shirt and kept fishing the bite was too hot the people around me thought i was crazy.

yes, i noticed the regulars bouncing their weight, this is interesting as it is the opposite with all other bottom fishing. I was letting it sit for a minute, then picking up up and moving a few feet to try and find the fish. Some days theres just nothing you can do. in terms of the sheepies, i saw a picture on facebook of people who literally caught 50 a few hours before and i think it was around that area so they fukd those up for the day

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

HJared wrote: yes, i noticed the regulars bouncing their weight, this is interesting as it is the opposite with all other bottom fishing. I was letting it sit
Most other bottom fish are a little off the bottom surface and looking at bottom for food.
but founder is camouflage at bottom surface and looking up for the food.
I used to kill those doormats at montauk and peconic bays at Long Island.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Memories blue. You bring back sweet memories :salut:

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

That right there was a fluke

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

yes that is the doormat. :toast:
did you win the pool?

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Yes and yes it was officially "doormat" at 11lb 2oz. It was the first and only in my entire life chasing fluke at the Jersey Shore. Drifting for fluke on a lazy day is heaven for me.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

What a beast!!!! Biggest I've ever caught was a measly 2lbs...lol

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:Just my 2 cents...every sheepie I've ever caught has been on live sand fleas at haulover. Like stated above, the hardest part of knowing which is a sheepshead bite vs parrotfish or chubs is a mystery when you're not sight fishing. But they love fleas...are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Lol
I'm pretty sure he's being regionally specific. Where you fish they def love fleas and shrimp. There are big ones in nbb (no secret to you). They are picky and smart though. But I'm sure you are smarter

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

what nbb?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

PaulieBoy wrote:North Biscayne Bay.....btw this is the most action the JUNO PIER thread has seen in awhile :biglaugh:
:biglaugh:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

PaulieBoy wrote:North Biscayne Bay.....btw this is the most action the JUNO PIER thread has seen in awhile :biglaugh:
Was there actually any fish caught last time this thread had a lot of action

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”