fishing report for the intracoastal in west palm beach

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
mike j
Weekend Warrior

fishing report for the intracoastal in west palm beach

Post by mike j »

Sunday September 17 I went out today around 4 p.m. today and realized I probably couldn't fish the surf. I wanted to bring this new topic up because I would be happy if anyone else posted. I fish the icw around Flagler Blvd often. the wind was whipping around 20 miles a hour and the tide was coming in. I fished for two hours at different spots north and south of the Flagler bridge not one bite. I did see a bunch of mullet but nothing chasing them.

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Re: fishing report for the intracoastal in west palm beach

Post by mike j »

When I have been leaving the surf I always drive along Flagler Blvd north and south of the Southern bridge. The people fishing have been catching a lot of fish there. High tide being the key to fish along Flagler. Personally between all the traffic and time restrictions its not my favourite. The fisherman have been catching Bluefish , Croaker , Sand perch and sporadic Pompano. The good thing about fishing the lagoon is it's easy and not very time consuming. You can buy bait and fish within a few minutes and you don't have to worry about parking. I know a guy that caught a twelve pound Bluefish last week and he regularly catches big Bluefish up to May. I left out they catch a ton of Jack's also.

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Re: fishing report for the intracoastal in west palm beach

Post by mike j »

I went to fish the surf on Palm Beach early, the waves were huge.I retreated to the intercoastal and fished along the seawall south of the Southern Boulevard bridge. As I was fishing I looked into the water, I see a really large fish right in front of me. It was a really large Tripletail, I have only seen this fish on television. To make a long story short he didn't sniff at anything I presented. I didn't have bait I was jig fishing. This fish was a monster and he had no fear of me. I have watched some of the fishing shows where they catch them near crab traps in the gulf. This fish was way bigger then anything I have seen on television. He was as wide as he was long, maybe ten plus pounds ?

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”