Never done anything other than freshwater northern fishing

Help on different Boatless Fishing locations.
necrandall
Fisher

Never done anything other than freshwater northern fishing

Post by necrandall »

Greetings to you all! I am making my second trip to the Florida Keys in my lifetime. First time fishing. I will be chartering a boat for a day of fishing with my family. However we are staying at Tranquility Bay in Marathon as of right now, but may try and rent a house with a channel. If we do that, I would like to be able to fish with my kids at our dock. I have no idea of differences in setups, equipment, bait, etc. Or even what we can expect to catch and/or how to handle saltwaterfish? Any help? Thanks in advance.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Re: Never done anything other than freshwater northern fishing

Post by BRunner346 »

welcome to the forum. http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3911 all these rigs will work. try starting out with live shrimp, should produce some bites and fun for your children. can also use fresh cut bait such as threadfins or ballyhoo. another technique is using a jighead with a live shrimp. if you are fishing a channel this should work well. just bounce the jighead/shrimp on the bottom and you will feel the bite. keep trying different things till you figure out what works. in the how to section there is also guidance on how to fish the keys. hope that helps a little. patience
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

BRunner346 wrote:welcome to the forum. http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3911 all these rigs will work. try starting out with live shrimp, should produce some bites and fun for your children. can also use fresh cut bait such as threadfins or ballyhoo. another technique is using a jighead with a live shrimp. if you are fishing a channel this should work well. just bounce the jighead/shrimp on the bottom and you will feel the bite. keep trying different things till you figure out what works. in the how to section there is also guidance on how to fish the keys. hope that helps a little. patience
welcom to the forum :toast: BRunner thanks for the great reply i would have said the same thing.

necrandall
Fisher

Post by necrandall »

Thanks that actually helps quite a bit, just to start to understand it a little bit.

Return to “Fishing Location Help”