Left Hand retrieve conventional reels

You will find info on tackle and types of set ups and rigs that we have discussed here in the forum.
ergue
Fisher

Left Hand retrieve conventional reels

Post by ergue »

Hello BF. I fish left handed, I'm one of those lefties that does delicate things with my left hand (writting, painting and yes reeling!!!) but has most of my strenght on my right arm. I already own two very nice, new "true lefty" lever drag conventionals. They work extremely well for me. However, now I'm looking to get my hands on an star drag, maybe older model lefty reel. I researched and found that Newell makes lefties up to their 500 series. Daiwa also makes the Saltiga in a lefty. The Daiwas are really nice but expensive ($400). Now I'm wondering if there is a chance I might be able to get a lefty Squidder. I saw a guy with a couple of them at Anglins this past Sunday, and boy do they cast!!!!!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Left Hand retrieve conventional reels

Post by crashmister »

Have you checked Ebay? Talk to Jeff at T&R he may have something. If not he probably knows where you can get it.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Pier#r
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Pier#r »

10-4 dat :thumleft:
I've had one for over 15 years that I absolutely love!

Just do a search on "penn squidder 140L" :wink:

SnookMook
KING MACKEREL

Post by SnookMook »

Check EBay, I found a bunch of good offshore conventional reels a couple of years ago when I was looking for lefties.

"May your lines be tight and your shake off's and break off's memorable."

http://forshorefishing.theledger.com/

neil.59
Fisher

Post by neil.59 »

You won't read much of their praises on this particular board, but don't overlook the Newells you mentioned, great casting reels. Check out the west coast forums and EBay like SnookMook said.

Cerberus
Fisher

Post by Cerberus »

I know you are looking for a Squidder, but I know of a good supply of NIB late model Penn Long Beach 60 Lefty's.

Return to “Tackle Help”