Saragosa 8k VS Stradic 8k

You will find info on tackle and types of set ups and rigs that we have discussed here in the forum.
Snooker0215
Weekend Warrior

Saragosa 8k VS Stradic 8k

Post by Snooker0215 »

Realized that the Saragosa really has nothing on the Stradic. Stradic is cheaper, heavier drag than the saragosa, Extra spool, and Paladin gears. So people why is the Saragosa cost more than the Stradic and which one do you think I should invest in?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Saragosa 8k VS Stradic 8k

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

What are you planning on using it for? If it will be for snook and other inshore fish, the Stradic should be fine. If you plan on using it offshore for jigging, I would go with the Saragosa.

Snooker0215
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snooker0215 »

Technically , throwing big lures off the end of the pier, Kings, Cobes ... Etc..

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

The saragosa is a reel that is made for saltwater and has a waterproof drag while the stradic does not.
Im pretty sure the saragosa has more drag as well but meh..

I love the stradics since their light weight, but for throwing big jigs either will work.

Snooker0215
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snooker0215 »

Its a pretty hard decision.... I have the money, just hoping to get it right the first time. I think I will go with the Saragosa. Once I get it , I will be able to try it and let you guys know who the real winner is.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

I just bought a Saragosa 8K to use exclusively for vertical jigging, I hooked up to a few decent fish a couple weeks ago and the drag seemed solid.

Some reviews I have read say that the Saragosa isn't as good for distance casting as the Stradic, something to keep in mind.

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:I just bought a Saragosa 8K to use exclusively for vertical jigging, I hooked up to a few decent fish a couple weeks ago and the drag seemed solid.

Some reviews I have read say that the Saragosa isn't as good for distance casting as the Stradic, something to keep in mind.
I would have to agree with the reviews as the saragosa 8k is a bigger profile than the stradic

Snooker0215
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snooker0215 »

Came to the decision that Im going to get an Avet sx first. Then save up for a Saragosa or Stradic later. I also have a penn Sargus 7k that will hold me over fine until then. It should hold em against them kings and such. Another quick question for you guys while I have you here. Do you think a Spheros 4k could handle a big bonita? Some of my friends beg to differ. If so , what size Stradic should i get?

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

With 10-20 braid definately

Snooker0215
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snooker0215 »

Your saying it could hold up? I would put 20lb braid on it.

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Yes.... just make sure you use some hot sauce or other grease and lubricate the reel :). Those bonies can run hard

Snooker0215
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snooker0215 »

Thanks dude, going to diamond jig em

Return to “Tackle Help”