The North Star

You will find info on tackle and types of set ups and rigs that we have discussed here in the forum.
crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: The North Star

Post by crashmister »

Nelson; Are you sure you can use pump gas? Reason I'm asking is because I've had a few Coleman's and because of the silk mantel's you can only use White gas or Coleman fuel. Just wondering.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

nelson
if you get the fuel model there is an after market filler cap that you can install a small air tank like with a b b gun . then it stays pressurized.
i have used the fuel models in the past and they worked for a long time and were very convenient to get fuel for. amoco 93 high test used to be considered white gas for lantern use.
this was in the eighties before the big push for the canister type came along.
i knew i was low on fuel when i was out last night so i lit the thing late and it was all over in about an hour. haha . good thing i didnt forget the headlamp on this trip.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

on light line 6969
Seasoned Fisher

Post by on light line 6969 »

hey dudes i still have two of the old colemans that use kerosine,ive had them for more yrs than i care to remember. if it was not for the delicate mantels they would be perfect,i always carry spares and usualy start the season with fresh ones,parts are easy to find and maintenance has always been minimal.Just my two cents. :happyfisherman: TIGHT LINES

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Hey rare I have a Coleman NorthStar that I could let go, I have used it about 10 times. It is a great lamp and like you said it runs on dual fuel. The only thing it has is a stain on the top, that was caused when I was cutting bait and a drop of blood fell on it and some paint scrapes in the bottom ring were it makes contact with the floor.It does give out great light. The maximum I have been able to keep it running at full has been about 7 hours. In fact I had put this lantern here for sale but no one seem interested. Shoot me a PM and will see.

http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... t=+coleman

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

You really got a good deal. Enjoy. :thumleft:

Return to “Tackle Help”