Pork rind for lures?

You will find info on tackle and types of set ups and rigs that we have discussed here in the forum.
Noddinoff
Fisher

Pork rind for lures?

Post by Noddinoff »

When I was a kid (60 years ago), I used to flyfish using pork rind strips attached to spinners or spoons to catch smallmouth bass along the shores of Lake Huron. Are pork rinds used successfully in saltwater fishing in any way? If so, are they available in jars at bait stores in the Treasure Coast?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Nod

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Pork rind for lures?

Post by fishnfool73 »

I have never really seen them used in salt water. That being said don't see why they wouldn't work as a trailer on a jig to add bulk for snook. Same principle as why they are used for bass will apply in that use. Then again just a lot easier to use grubs or shad tails for trailers.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Pork rind for lures?

Post by krash »

Thats funny, as a kid in te 50's I used them also as an added bonus for Johnson spoons in salt water, also worked great for catching bait on small jigs.

Check Uncle Josh's , they used to make them in recent years, where to fond except online IDK.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “Tackle Help”