jigging rod

You will find info on tackle and types of set ups and rigs that we have discussed here in the forum.
TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

jigging rod

Post by TOMMY »

what you guys think of the
Sting-o Fish G-Rod STG662S-300 Spinning Jigging Rod
or im better off with the
Okuma CJ80S / CJ-S-701MH Cedros Spinning Combo
i would like to buy one of the 2 rods for future jigging

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Re: jigging rod

Post by TOMMY »

thank you
i think so also even for price it makes sence will grt the combo for the price of the G rod only
trying to get some gear so i can follow you guys when you will go on the next jigging trip

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

thank you
never jigged before have experience fishing but again in freshwater
would like to start but getting really confused with the rods i might sound stupid but if length is the secret would it really make such a difference for 6 inches or 12 inches as long as the rod has the capacity for the jigs ?
again sorry trying to understand and get some education from fellow fisherman
the 2 piece is really nice specially for traveling and the other one is attractive price and i trust okuma have good experience with

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

what you think of the
Spinal Rods SJ250G Spin Jigging Rod ?
again appreciated the help and your knowledge

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

I.say go light light light. Jigging takes a lot out of you. Especially when out on an all day jigging trip. Go as light as you can. I use a light yellow tail Ugly stick 6'6 with 8lb to17 line capacity. Its paired with a bait runner 4000. It has 30lb braid on it. You reely can't get much lighter and can jig all day without getting tired. I have other jigging rods such as the Spinal and custom Sewell rods when I need to go heavier but for the most part I'm throwing 2 to 31/2 oz jigs out there and there's not a whole lot in tjeocean that I can't stop. Since I've gotten used to this light combo its hard for me to jig with anything heavier.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Tackle Help”