Channel 2 Bridge Clean up April 3 Sunday 10:30am--TOURNAMENT

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
GO4EM
SHARKER

Re: Channel 2 Bridge Clean up April 3 Sunday 10:30am--TOURNA

Post by GO4EM »

rare wrote:
GO4EM wrote:Herbert, Did you write down all the grouper spots from Noah? I was sure he was going to give them to Scottie.

Dude, Noah was showing Herb & I the Snapper & Grouper spot on the map! The horse shoe spot in on our next fishing trip! :cheers: I even did the Noah pose on our group pic to GK- GK was digging Noah & wanted him to shark fish with him but he left before he got to tell him
I noticed. Is that actually him?
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

rare wrote:
GO4EM wrote:Herbert, Did you write down all the grouper spots from Noah? I was sure he was going to give them to Scottie.

Dude, Noah was showing Herb & I the Snapper & Grouper spot on the map! The horse shoe spot in on our next fishing trip! :cheers: I even did the Noah pose on our group pic to GK- GK was digging Noah & wanted him to shark fish with him but he left before he got to tell him

Dude, Noah showed us a hell of a spot! That spot is worth a dedicated fishing trip to it.

Scotty, any time man, I always call before I get there in case any one is running low on something.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Thats great.
I was confused who nmpfly and noah4200 were till the end of the trip. No I'm still confused. Well, I know who noah is but I thought there were the same people.

Another fact I found out this trip is that Zoldax is a real person. I thought he was an alterego of another forum member. Nope, he is real and seems like a good dude. :toast:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

had a great time with the guys at the clean up yesterday. i showed up at the bridge-camp around 5 am and got caught up on the weekend fun with scott. he had me going from the start. nelson was stirring around and rory was reclined in his lazyboy recliner of a folding chair. tommy was getting ready for the morning bite as we all had plans on large fish for the weigh- in/longest fish measure off at 1030.
it was typical fisherman trying to get the big boys to bite for bragging rights till next time. well some were steady fishing some bottom rods for some continued catches for the trip home. that turned out to be a good idea cause things were looking grim for the tarpon,cuda and permit bite.it was looking pretty embarrassing for the weigh in as the clock was winding down and a 13-14 inch grover was in first place. then a single mutton stumbled by and took 1st place . i think it was like 17-18 inches and made us look a little better. i dont have any room to talk as my cooler only showed signs of bait and some drinks keeping cool. too bad i was already out of grape soda before i got there.
so after the fishing was over we moved to the parking lot to get ready for the clean up. that is where we were able to strap on the feed bag thanks to clarisse. the coffee was right on time too. it wasnt grilled permit and ceviche like the guys made last time but was very good . of course i am still eating leftovers which is fine with me.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

Sorry i didn't make the tournament :cry: . Got home at 3am on saturday and still managed to make the trip but got their around 12noon. fished long key and hooked up with 2 poons. then headed to channel 2 in the afternoon and cuaght some 9-10 inch grovers. All on cut herring which where cruising the shadow lines.

I saw some people pulling up to long key on my way out with an arsenal of rods. Wouldn't happen to be any of you?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

strizile wrote:Image
See Ron, there is that pocket knife that you found next to the garbage can, must have slipped out when I went to throw my rag away Sunday morning...should've kept your mouth shut :mrgreen:

Zoldax
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Zoldax »

First things first, it was great getting to meet all of you guys out there. Next time i won't be at the opposite side of the bridge wondering who is who lol.
For all the members that missed this event, or have never attended one of the Ch 2 clean ups, this is a great place to have fun fishing will all the boatless community in person. Everyone looks out for one another and it seems we are never short on laughs. I also wanted to find out how i can get a boatless shirt, i noticed many of you were rockin them.
I only caught a couple of undersized grovers while I was out there. I blamed it on the bait till I found out nobody else caught much :wink: Im not a fan of frozen bait but that was all i was able to buy and i didnt catch anything on my sabiki.

Next clean-up will be epic, show up and you'll see

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Well, came home very late so I can not write so much but I will let the pics tell the tale and you guys put the comments.
DSC01002_small.jpg
DSC01003_small.jpg
DSC01004_small.jpg
DSC01005_small.jpg
DSC01006_small.jpg
DSC01010_small.jpg
DSC01011_small.jpg
DSC01012_small.jpg
DSC01013_small.jpg
Now this below was sooooooo GOOD!
DSC00989_small.jpg
This was a great buffet
DSC01018_small.jpg
The traffic was really bad
DSC01021_small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

great pics hebert that camera is something else.
everybody working hard.
hope word doesnt get out that sleeping is all they do for the whole time down there :biglaugh:

im still trying to bend my tube lure to work like i saw that red one you had. mine is also red but was bent out of shape so i was leaving it behind. but now i will take it . the green one i have is cable so it is pretty much just straight.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Green Tide wrote:great pics hebert that camera is something else.
everybody working hard.
hope word doesnt get out that sleeping is all they do for the whole time down there :biglaugh:

im still trying to bend my tube lure to work like i saw that red one you had. mine is also red but was bent out of shape so i was leaving it behind. but now i will take it . the green one i have is cable so it is pretty much just straight.
LOL, yes camera's do wonder's when people are a sleep :mrgreen: This little water proof shock proof camera does a great job, even under water.

You can use any wire from # 12 to 14 and bend it from the beginning of the tube to the end, later on you will realize that the current has a lot to do with the action so you will have to continue bending depending on which way you cast and retrieve through the current.. With your existing cable one just try to move the tube as far up as possible and coil some wire on it, bending just above the back end will do the trick on those.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

SaltyDog wrote:
rare wrote:*LOL* no one is safe..... Noah talking to Scotty when he was out was epic!! I thought Scotty was going to get up & fly a fist to Noah face being that damn close....
:shock: Wow all i can say is wow was i doing interviews in my sleep? :biglaugh: Epic!
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol:
Yes you were! The funniest shiit was when you were sleeping he was talking to you and the beer in your hand was tilted. He straightened your beer for you and opened it and said and I quote "There, thats how its done". :biglaugh:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

SaltyDog wrote:
rare wrote:*LOL* no one is safe..... Noah talking to Scotty when he was out was epic!! I thought Scotty was going to get up & fly a fist to Noah face being that damn close....
:shock: Wow all i can say is wow was i doing interviews in my sleep? :biglaugh: Epic!
You mean you don't remember giving all of your snook spots away while you were talking in your sleep?

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

it was kind of nice to run into you guys down there

i just want it known that noah did one hell of a job cleaning up the area i was fishing thank you noah :cheers:
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

gruntking wrote:it was kind of nice to run into you guys down there

i just want it known that noah did one hell of a job cleaning up the area i was fishing thank you noah :cheers:
After that he hauled asss. Didn't stick around for the goodbyes. I think he really did hit the powerball!!!!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

GO4EM wrote:
gruntking wrote:it was kind of nice to run into you guys down there

After that he hauled asss. Didn't stick around for the goodbyes. I think he really did hit the powerball!!!!
He had to hurry to catch the tide at the Horseshoe, those grouper only bite for a small window.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Easy on the razzing, we want everyone to feel welcome, I know you all are just having some fun.

Thanks again all who showed up it was fun.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”