Channel 2 Bridge clean up February 11----10am

BF Members paying it forward and helping others that are less fortunate and also making a difference and protecting our environment. this area is where you can read about planned events and our accomplishments.
sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Re: Channel 2 Bridge clean up February 11----10am

Post by sepaik »

rare wrote:
sepaik wrote: Hope there will be many more trips like this to come!
:biglaugh:

FYI! Buy a cart :thumright:

You guys think I had too much $hit....wait till I have a cart!!!!! LOL
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Glad you guys had a blast and sorry I couldn't make it, as usual had to work. Really appreciate all the hard work that goes into the cleaning, much props to all you fellas.

Sep, glad you enjoyed it man. Cart will make a world of a difference, if you drive a truck you could get a wagon style one and mod it out, if not, talk to Nelson and Rory for their folding hand trucks, those you can break down and work wonders for the bridges.

I still don't get how Rory fits all his stuff into his Acura lol

Aint nothing better than a keys trip..I'm out :toast:

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Chevy Juan wrote:Glad you guys had a blast and sorry I couldn't make it, as usual had to work. Really appreciate all the hard work that goes into the cleaning, much props to all you fellas.

Sep, glad you enjoyed it man. Cart will make a world of a difference, if you drive a truck you could get a wagon style one and mod it out, if not, talk to Nelson and Rory for their folding hand trucks, those you can break down and work wonders for the bridges.

Aint nothing better than a keys trip..I'm out :toast:
Yup, I drive a pickup. I used a hand dolly and had it loaded. Had to have Neson and Ricky put some more stuff on their carts. Remember I had two others with me including my dog... but I'm on the hunt for a cart. Maybe I can pick one up second hand....
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Sounds good man, we need to hit the bridges up then man.

If it helps any, the one I got from Home Depot was about $90 and it fits all my gear. I put a 100qt cooler in it then stack the rest and its good to go. Also the rods are all in rod holders I installed on the cart.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Chevy Juan wrote:
I played a lot of Tetris on my Gameboy as a kid.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Chevy Juan wrote:Sounds good man, we need to hit the bridges up then man.

If it helps any, the one I got from Home Depot was about $90 and it fits all my gear. I put a 100qt cooler in it then stack the rest and its good to go. Also the rods are all in rod holders I installed on the cart.
I looked for the cart at homedepot online. No luck. What search term would you use? Not under carts....

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

It's always a blast when we all go down there. :toast: Here are some pics:
Bridge Cleanup volunteers.jpg
sepaik and son with Bacon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

sepaik wrote:

I looked for the cart at homedepot online. No luck. What search term would you use? Not under carts....
Seach under hand trucks.

This is the one I use. I replaced the tires with flat free tires, getting a flat a mile out on the bridge sucks.

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organi ... reId=10051

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
sepaik wrote:

Seach under hand trucks.

This is the one I use. I replaced the tires with flat free tires, getting a flat a mile out on the bridge sucks.

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organi ... reId=10051
Now your talkin!!! :thumright: Did they have the tires at home depot as well?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Yes, they did. I started off with the original ones, they will work fine for a while, but the bridges take their toll on them, and I ponied up $60 for a pair of flat frees.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Yes, they did. I started off with the original ones, they will work fine for a while, but the bridges take their toll on them, and I ponied up $60 for a pair of flat frees.
Could you send me a pic of your cart when you have a chance? I'd love to see how you have it tricked out!

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

sepaik wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:Yes, they did. I started off with the original ones, they will work fine for a while, but the bridges take their toll on them, and I ponied up $60 for a pair of flat frees.
Could you send me a pic of your cart when you have a chance? I'd love to see how you have it tricked out!
the one he's talking about it the green one from home depot, the yellow ones like mine are from lowes

heres the one hes talking about
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ecodZ ... reId=10051

and heres mine

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:but the bridges take their toll on them, and I ponied up $60 for a pair of flat frees.

not if you fill them with spray foam , ill never have a flat . lol

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

diggin4grouper wrote:
sepaik wrote:
the one he's talking about it the green one from home depot, the yellow ones like mine are from lowes

heres the one hes talking about
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ecodZ ... reId=10051

and heres mine

That's a sweet set up! Thanks for the pic! I got to get started on mine! :toast:

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

That's like the cart I have sehoon, same concept and works great if you have room for it.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Chevy Juan wrote:That's like the cart I have sehoon, same concept and works great if you have room for it.
No in Hollywood. :viking:

englishadam
Seasoned Fisher

Post by englishadam »

Just woke up after a 24 hour sleeping marathon. Was a blast hope to do it again soon.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks everyone :toast: :toast: :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “BF Site Gives Back”