New Rod For Jigging

How to do it, What to use.
" Please when starting a Help thread to keep in mind to have me make it a sticky if it is on a specific method " Makes them easier to find
linh
KING MACKEREL

Re: New Rod For Jigging

Post by linh »

Sweet bend picture of the TJX604M.

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

No, it was posted on 360 tuna.

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

What about the Jaws blanks, or Seeker Hercules. I too am just getting into this but am starting at a lower end with a saragosa and a CRB jigging blank that Ron is building for me.
TEAM CHANNEL 2 IS MY KRYPTONITE!!!!

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

What do you guys think of the American Tackle blanks? I have a rod someone built for me with this blank. Just wondering what you think about it.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

:dude: Cool. Thanks
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

It gets expensive at first doesn't it? If fatigue is what you are concern with then just know that the faster tapered rods will do it for you, but in reality the fatigue factor comes from the type of jigs you are using. The jig shape gives the resistance that will tire you out not really the rod length. Also the reel weight and rod weight have a big factor. I am mostly concerned with the jig resistance.

You can have a slim 300 gram long jig and a 150 gram short shrimp shape jig and both will feel the same weight as you jig them up. This is because of the resistance the shrimp shape jig gives. Now, the long skinny jig will have a lot less action than the short shrimp shape jig.

Return to “Boat Fishing Info, How tos and methods”