Let the uncontroled spending begin

How to do it, What to use.
" Please when starting a Help thread to keep in mind to have me make it a sticky if it is on a specific method " Makes them easier to find
sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Let the uncontroled spending begin

Post by sincityg8 »

UPS guy just showed up. Now just to keep geting jigs and assist hooks. Its good to be single at some points. LOL
TEAM CHANNEL 2 IS MY KRYPTONITE!!!!

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Re: Let the uncontroled spending begin

Post by Miamipescador »

Nice :toast:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Not so much single as it is to have a chick that makes as much as you and doesn't care what you spend your money on. Nice buy I need to pickup a pair of those pliers as well as a jig bag.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

Well I am always on the search for a woman who makes as much as I do for sure. I need to find a good jig bag as well. I will also be respooling 3 reels with new braid and get some mono leader. And I need to find a voodoo priest to make me a magic powder to ensure a huge AJ or hell anything big. LOL

Will do thanks for the heads up

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

Thanks for helping me spend my money Sepaik. That looks like a good solution.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

Let me know anytime you need help spending money. I can always give a lending hand spending YOUR money!

:toast:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

bunun
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bunun »

ive seen a few post about this jigging stuff in the past few weeks, where can i read up about it ? what are the cost ? can you jig from land or a jetty ? benefits ?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

sepaik wrote:Jigging bag at BPS 19.99.

http://www.basspro.com/Freestyle-Jiggin ... googlebase
Thats the jig bag I have, it works well but FYI, the longer jigs do not fit very well in it.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

That is a nice start :toast: Those $19.99 jig bags from BP are good. I abuse mines and has not torn yet. Like said above long jigs won't fit. Maximum size jig is 8 1/4".

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

Thanks for the info guys. I will look into one of those.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

cudaman wrote:That is a nice start :toast: Those $19.99 jig bags from BP are good. I abuse mines and has not torn yet. Like said above long jigs won't fit. Maximum size jig is 8 1/4".
I keep my long jigs in the bag (pouch) it came in and then put it in my jig bag horizonally. When I clip the bag the long jigs stay in. Works well. Just weighs a ton. :cheers:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

sepaik wrote:I keep my long jigs in the bag (pouch) it came in and then put it in my jig bag horizonally. When I clip the bag the long jigs stay in. Works well. Just weighs a ton. :cheers:
I used to do that but then I noticed that some of my jigs were bent. It was because of the longer jigs in the pouch so I continued using my Braid Jig bag for the longer 300 gram jigs. I use 2 jig bags :mrgreen:

Swordslayer71
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Swordslayer71 »

Those pliers are fantastic, and it takes all of my self control to not buy them every time I see them for 29$ or less. I've had my almost 2 years now with endless salt/sand/water exposure and zero signs of corrosion. I am still pleased to say that even after cutting all kinds of wire/mono/braid etc, it still cuts even 10lb braid just fine. If you are trying to get "serious" into jigging/jigging gear a pair of cheap split ring pliers would help immensely so you can swap out jigs by simply changing split rings. It makes life a lot less hectic on a boat.
Hold Fast

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

Thanks for the tip sword, I will look into some split ring pliers.

Ron,

I have my temple set up at my apartment to the water god and have been praying every night for a fish over 30lbs. I hope he is not deaf. LOL

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

cudaman wrote:
sepaik wrote:I keep my long jigs in the bag (pouch) it came in and then put it in my jig bag horizonally. When I clip the bag the long jigs stay in. Works well. Just weighs a ton. :cheers:
I used to do that but then I noticed that some of my jigs were bent. It was because of the longer jigs in the pouch so I continued using my Braid Jig bag for the longer 300 gram jigs. I use 2 jig bags :mrgreen:
Haven't had that problem yet! I noticed in one of Adams orders from Tackle Direct they sent him a bent jig. I think it was designed that way. There has to be a purpose for the bent jig.........

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Some jigs will have a slight bent to give the jigs some action. My 2 dollar jigs are flat (they go down faster). The bent ones you will see going to the left or right and some times cause nasty tangles (last trip for example those in the middle :biglaugh: ) some jigs have a nice shape that makes them go left and right but straight down. Those have great action but a lot of resistance when you jig them back up. Regardless, I wouldn't risk loosing the shape of the jig as it was originally intended.

By the way the jigs that bend are just the cheap ones that have more lead. The high end ones are mostly tri-metal and are very hard to bend.

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

Picked up the jig bag from BPS today as well as some assist hooks some split rings and some split ring pliers. No just to get a few more jigs over the next couple of weeks.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

If you think jigging is bad then avoid yellowfin tuna fishing
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

sincityg8
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sincityg8 »

Yea I went on a couple of long range boats out of San Diego while I was in the Navy back in the 90's. 1 trip on the Red Rooster 3 and 1 on the Intrepid. That was some insane fishing

Return to “Boat Fishing Info, How tos and methods”