GPS help.

How to do it, What to use.
" Please when starting a Help thread to keep in mind to have me make it a sticky if it is on a specific method " Makes them easier to find
scashaggy
Fisher

GPS help.

Post by scashaggy »

Hello all. I have a Garmin 441s GPS and have a question.

I would like to know if there is a method to enter 'waypoints' via the PC and then transfer them to the unit via the SD card slot. I have coordinates I would like to pinpoint but would prefer to copy and paste rather than enter on the GPS manually.

I'm not even sure if this is possible. I read the manual and I know I can backup and load to the GPS but don't know if I can do what I want.

Any help would be appreciated.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Re: GPS help.

Post by tears143 »

You can. Look up what format the GPS takes and user a converter to convert your GPS cords into that format and just install.

Look at manual or search online how to install it.

I did it for my cousin on his GPS. Downloaded a kmz or google earth cords file and convert with some software... Don't remember the software.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Conversions don't always work perfectly, so be prepared to do a little searching then remark it on your unit when you find it. After that you should delete the original waypoint.
Or you could get the garmin software and it would be much easier.
I know someone that will sell the garmin software at half price. He also has the nautic chart software as well as a south fl chart card for the

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Green Tide wrote:Conversions don't always work perfectly, so be prepared to do a little searching then remark it on your unit when you find it. After that you should delete the original waypoint.
Or you could get the garmin software and it would be much easier.
I know someone that will sell the garmin software at half price. He also has the nautic chart software as well as a south fl chart card for the
If it's off it probably isn't because of the conversions. The same cords on one machine will be different on another.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

So you aren't using a converter making my point mute.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Green Tide wrote:So you aren't using a converter making my point mute.
huh? My cords are on google earth.. kmz file.. using a converter, I changed it to a USR file... forgot which brand that was.

Return to “Boat Fishing Info, How tos and methods”