Tide prediction software

How to do it, What to use.
" Please when starting a Help thread to keep in mind to have me make it a sticky if it is on a specific method " Makes them easier to find
swordfish
SHARKER

Tide prediction software

Post by swordfish »

Hey all. I need a little help... I know the tides for a certain spot and would like to make my own tide chart... Is there any software out there that can plot it based on a data point u provide? An excel spreadsheet perhaps? A formula? None of the tide prediction sites are right.... EVER thus my asking.

-Swordfish

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Tide prediction software

Post by joenofishhere »

Hmm I don't think so, you gotta really think about it though. Tide predictors are usually right without the presence of other factors. So the spot where the tide tower is will be accurate as long as there is no wind/freshwater runoff/etc etc. So if you know the tide is 45 minutes late, and there is an east wind, the outgoing tide might get held up an additional 30 minutes. I would log based on your own observations and try to find patterns to help you predict tides.
Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Tide prediction software

Post by swordfish »

Fair enough... The correlation I see on the site is about 38 minutes between 2 days... So Ill test that out when I go Wednesday night! It is down in the Keys, place NOTORIOUS for having unpredicatable tides... but lord, it was 4-5 hours off... that is just tooo much!

-Swordfish

Return to “Boat Fishing Info, How tos and methods”