BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: help with fishing for permit

Post by fixed80 »

if you hit the beaches with a few crabs, you might get lucky. :thumright:

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

fish the inlets and beaches around the inlets. i doubt anyone is going to give you a specific location. :thumleft:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Sorry i dont know that area overthere if you read previous comments you will see advises .to catch one you have to put in time it took me a year to catch my first one .

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

I have fished; Boca Inlet, beach area. Anglins pier trough and outside,Juno pier north and south beach area about 1 mile, spanish river beach, lake worth, Deerfield beach, and several other beach locations. I bought a crab trap, mostly have good luck getting fresh calico and blue crabs. I have tried fleas and several vareations on a fish finder rig. And, I have not gotten my first permit landed. I have been bested a few times on the beach with a running line that is smoking but I have not landed my first permit this year. I have been trying for about three months this season and plan to try again Friday heading farther south. I have read about permit, eating habits, spawning, weather and movement. I have not landed my first permit. All in all I have been trying for over a year plus. And, I have not landed my first permit. I will follow MobyDick to the ends of the earth. Until, I land my first permit. Pick your spot....Good Luck

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

rshields what kind of hook are you using and what #?

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Leader: 50# with water cover and down to 25# with the clearing in the water. Hooks I have used are circle 2-3-and 4 depending on the crab size and I have also used "J" hooks same sizes. #2 hooks with fleas both circle and j. Any comments or direction wiould be appreciated. I am using varied weights depending on the current all fishfinder with different length leader from 18in to 3 feet. Thanks

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

While I am no permit fishing expert, all of the ones I have caught have been on larger hooks, 5/0 to 7/0 circles.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

the big permits fight untill the end and they will test your line when the fight is ending :mrgreen:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Dude, just fish the beach in Fort Lauderdale between sunrise and oakland, the end of the beach right where the condos start heading north of sunrise. Just fish like you are fishing for Pompano. There have been Permit in and out of that area for years. No need for heavier stuff. And the big fleas work fine.

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”