Blue runner help

sn00kslayer
Seasoned Fisher

Blue runner help

Post by sn00kslayer »

I've been fishing juno pier for about 2 years now. and i seem to have luck catchin anything thats biting but for some reason bluerunners are fooling me this time a year. all i can seem to get is macs and thats great and all but i need something that i can sell to the market. i like to eat the macs but i really wish i knew the secret to catchin those big blue runners on the beach or on the piers. i can catch em all day in my boat but the saes are rough and im tired of wasting gas on runners. i can catch em all winter onthe piers but the summer ones seem to fool me :oops: i dont know if any of you are against commercial fishing but i aint around here to destroy the oceans as some of you who know me should know. but i love fishing with a passion and the feeling of filling a cooler is the best lol. any ideas? thanks :nilly: thanks and tight lines to all :reeling:
STEELERS

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Blue runner help

Post by fishnfool73 »

Cut squid on a pompano rig or small jigs generally work well. Leader rigs with live summer baits work when the bait is around as well.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

sn00kslayer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sn00kslayer »

ya thanks you i have been doing this but it seems the sardines get picked up by macs or chewed up by crabs. and the quid doesnt seem to get hit. wats goin on ?? haha
STEELERS

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

when i used to live right by there, the guys that would commercial fish them would use like fishnfool said squid on pompano rigs, crappy jigs and also goofy jigs with the teaser that seemed to always get a mess of them
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Floridahogfish wrote:when i used to live right by there, the guys that would commercial fish them would use like fishnfool said squid on pompano rigs, crappy jigs and also goofy jigs with the teaser that seemed to always get a mess of them

:stupid:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”