Need Help to I.D Fish

amberjack
Fisher

Need Help to I.D Fish

Post by amberjack »

Hello to All,

I need Help Identifying this fish caught last night in Hollywood. Since we did not know the species, we through him back. He was 11.5 inches long. My first thought was a Mangrove Snapper, but some say no.

Any Help would be appreciated

Jack

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Need Help to I.D Fish

Post by fishnfool73 »

Mangrove snapper final answer
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

amberjack
Fisher

Post by amberjack »

fishnfool73 wrote:Mangrove snapper final answer
that is what I thought, by the way, he was caught shore fishing of the beach and caught with a frozen finger mullet about 3 inches long.

Thanks for responding so fast

Jack

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Yeah.. I'd agree with Chris.. (he is always right.. lol) plus, you can tell, I think, by the fact that the jaw does not go back past the eye... I think that is one of the identifiers... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks,

Charles

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

cyril1974 wrote:Yeah.. I'd agree with Chris.. (he is always right.. lol) plus, you can tell, I think, by the fact that the jaw does not go back past the eye... I think that is one of the identifiers... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks,

Charles
Markings or lack of for me, I didnt even look at the jawline
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

I threw back my first mangrove too because I didn't realize what it was. It hit an xrap in the surf at night which was part of the confusion. Turns out it should have been dinner.

Nice fish, go back and catch some more!

Return to “Species info--Dedicated to Targeting”