ROD CARRIER........works for me maybe will work for you

Post your How to Storys-Articles here and please only How To's related to Boatless Fishing.
Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

ROD CARRIER........works for me maybe will work for you

Post by Kingofthesea »

Although, as I say, everything fits in a jeep ...........bouncing around on 30 year old leaf springs for a while has four or five rigged rods a jumbled tangled mess in no time. Not to mention my shifting arm has become some kind of a sabiki magnet lately. I had to Rambo out one of the little bastards with a pliers last week. Here's a quick inexpensive mod that turns out to be working well for me.

I think a lot of us probably own vehicles with trailer hitches that we never use. I have never towed anything with my jeep and after the third time wacking my shin (in the exact same place) walking around the back I took it out and never put it back in. Unnecessary extra weight anyway.

I've been looking for a fix for my rods for a while and this piece turned out rock solid. I'm into it for less than $30 total which isn't all that bad considering the rocket launcher from BP was twenty of it. Everything else I scavenged or "MacGyvered" from my garage. Bottom line it works for me.......now I just have to remember the rods are back there before I pull into the garage.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

PM me if you want more details on the construction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Re: ROD CARRIER........works for me maybe will work for you

Post by ilovefishing »

great idea, probably should have blurred out your plate though

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Re: ROD CARRIER........works for me maybe will work for you

Post by STRIZ »

And in the same color. :toast: :cheers:

Cool beans

Make sure when and if it does bounce that the plastic from the top down does not break or your rods might draw lines on the tar.

A bolt at the bottom would let the rods rest on the bolt and not stick out the bottom.

Just thinking
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Return to “How To's Articles”