Help to deter fishing gear thefts!!!

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
dkrystyan
Fisher

Help to deter fishing gear thefts!!!

Post by dkrystyan »

It's a new year, and last year thousands of dollars of fishing gear were stolen. Help prevent theft by etching your gear and taking digital photos. This will help identifiying the items if they were stolen. I will have my etcher available for anyone to use at Anglin's Pier and I have a digital camera to document your gear.

I work Tues thru Sat 10:30p to 6:30a. If you need to use the etcher or camera, and if you're going out of your way, call ahead and make sure I'm working.

The reason for the etching is to make your gear unique and give the detectives a way to identify it. The digital photo is important because the detectives working your case usuallly won't know the difference between a open cast, spinner, Stella, Penn etc..

I love to put thieves in jail!!! So let's fight back
Deputy Dan B.S.O. Lauderdale By The Sea 954-275-2202 please only call after 10p or drop me an e-mail at dkrystyan@hotmail.com :reeling:

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: Help to deter fishing gear thefts!!!

Post by gruntking »

high five bro i like the idea
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

x3 :toast: will have my 2x4 close by also :mrgreen:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) I highly doubt thefts will be detered because a crook looks for etchings and details on a rod as they quickly pick it up on their way off the pier. But good luck.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Zebco wrote:8) I highly doubt thefts will be detered because a crook looks for etchings and details on a rod as they quickly pick it up on their way off the pier. But good luck.
It does help to identify your gear when it is recover.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

jeff at t-n-r
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jeff at t-n-r »

Don't forget if you guys etch the aluminum reels it takes off the protective coating they come with and they will start to corrode. I would etch them on the foot of the reel (on conventional reels) if it is stainless steel. With the spinning reels you could probably put something under one of the decorative plates that are screwed on. Brett had a good idea for the rods. He would put a laminated piece of paper inside the blank than glue the butt cap on. Just a few ideas. I know this stuff can be expensive and nobody likes getting ripped off.
Jeff at T&R Tackle
954 776-1055
mon-sat 8-6

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Really stirling offer to etch other fishermens equipment to help recover stolen goods. Because I personally think the 'thief' is one of the lowest forms of scum aroundso I want to meet them in person. I drive an open jeep and although I chain my rods to the spare tire you just never know with some of these losers so all of the butts of my rods have a micro chip embedded that I can track on my computer. Not all that expensive and I have them in all kinds of stuff I want to track. Steal my poop and a Marine with a 9mm will be visiting you in a couple of hours to 'discuss' the error of your ways.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”