Let's talk fishing pier techniques

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Let's talk fishing pier techniques

Post by cantseeme47 »

So i'm looking at these cams and I see giant macks giant snapper tarpon snook Group are all under the pier. But I also see a ton of whitebait what's going to Differentiate. My bait from all the other bait
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Let's talk fishing pier techniques

Post by fishnfool73 »

Yours will struggle and send out vibrations different from the rest of the school. Also that is why you pitch your bait to the outside of the school. Also your bait will be heavier and swim towards the bottom of the school where predators swim around looking for wounded easier to catch baits.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

fishnfool73 wrote:Yours will struggle and send out vibrations different from the rest of the school. Also that is why you pitch your bait to the outside of the school. Also your bait will be heavier and swim towards the bottom of the school where predators swim around looking for wounded easier to catch baits.

Think i should cut the tails right before they bleed?
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I have seen that work well on snapper and snook.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

I've seen some people cut the dorsal fin off so that way the bait will stay alive and but look injured or just out of place with the other baits.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

grouperking wrote:I've seen some people cut the dorsal fin off so that way the bait will stay alive and but look injured or just out of place with the other baits.

I like that will try it

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

I've seen ppl use spinner baits and brim at the pier
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

your bait will be the weakest one therefore the first to die.... get eaten.

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”