To loan or not to loan

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Green Tide
SHARKER

To loan or not to loan

Post by Green Tide »

how do you guys feel about somebody that you don't know coming up to you At the pier and they say they don't have a sabiki rod, then they ask if they can use yours. Do you loan or not?

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: To loan or not to loan

Post by fishnfool73 »

I take it on a case by case basis but generally I would say no.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

i have been never asked for my sabiki rod...
I'd rather give him some baits I catch than the tool itself... They can tangle the bottom...

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

i have a feeling they tend to be the same folks that will throw a line right next to you, when the bite is hot... so no

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

I have a open tacklebox for anyone that's fishing with me and has ran out of terminal tackle And Have shared a BIki rod when we are using a community bait well.
But who goes to pier without a bait rod.
One guy asked me three times and I told him no all three times. I am not sure if he was just asking so many people he didn't realize he asked me three times or if he thought I was going to change my mind.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

John I think you have to have some sort of connect or see your biki rod at the pawn

I would say no and go like blue said.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Thread of the year!

I look at it as a business deal so, yes, I would. As long as he bring me back bait we are good. or.... If the sun hitting me with just the right rays & im feeling the kindness of that he can keep all the bait.

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

Always depends on how the guy looks really... But then again looks can be decieving

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Thread of the year!

I look at it as a business deal so, yes, I would. As long as he bring me back bait we are good. or.... If the sun hitting me with just the right rays & im feeling the kindness of that he can keep all the bait.
It may work for a few times and then may end up a bad deal as he will bring the rod with no biki (or a half of line gone or tip broke or all hooks tangled each others)...make sure he signed off compensation for any damage all inclusive... otherwise sun hitting your face all day long may make you ask same guy to borrow biki rod three time with no success...lol

I am just trying hard to make Thread of the year!

Now waiting for KOTS' wisdom...

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

The most i would give a stranger on a pier or bridge is some bait.. not to be a dik, but any tackle would be out of the question. How you gonna wanna go fishing, but not be prepared?!?!?! Lesson learned on their part. Besides, buying tackle isnt cheap. Oh well....lol

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Ive seen ppl at haulover or rickenbacker struggling for bait and felt sorry for them.. so i had to whip out the 12 footer and play mr nice guy...lolololol. true story tho. ;)

repair
Fisher

Post by repair »

Just say NO get your own stuff you may not see your stuff again

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Don't know if it's changed but the last time I was at Dania they sold biki's at the ticket window and the price wasn't bad although I supported Anglers. Decent guys.

Beyond that ........you guys would tell another brother of the planks to screw off over a bait biki? Really? Because of the way they look, or talk? Bet if she had big cans and a nice ass you would give away that biki away fast enough. I know Tide would. Is this what it's all coming to now? Blue next time you see a "street" toss him a $5 even though he didn't ask just because you know that 5 means more to him than it could ever mean to you. Then go fishing. You'll still probably take another beating but, in a small way, you changed the world. I thought I heard the tide raises and lowers all boats the same but, I guess, not in Florida. That's why the Lord sent you da Zika
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Don't know if it's changed but the last time I was at Dania they sold biki's at the ticket window and the price wasn't bad although I supported Anglers. Decent guys.

Beyond that ........you guys would tell another brother of the planks to screw off over a bait biki? Really? Because of the way they look, or talk? Bet if she had big cans and a nice ass you would give away that biki away fast enough. I know Tide would. Is this what it's all coming to now? Blue next time you see a "street" toss him a $5 even though he didn't ask just because you know that 5 means more to him than it could ever mean to you. Then go fishing. You'll still probably take another beating but, in a small way, you changed the world. I thought I heard the tide raises and lowers all boats the same but, I guess, not in Florida. That's why the Lord sent you da Zika
Amen!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

The girl you describe would not have to worry about bait that's for sure.
Here's the other thing I know it's nice to get along with the locals but, it's not the sabiki that is a big deal it's the $300 combo that they want to borrow and then I got to watch where it goes and who else wants to borrow it. If I was catching bait I would give them some but I wasn't catching bait I was trying to fish

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I love you man. I can still see that red/white&blue number. I don't remember the fish we caught that day (lol none) but those cans on parade ...................... THAT both of us seem to remember

I agree w/ what you just said Tide. My biki rods are always one step from the garbage so I missed your point. I wouldn't let someone even touch a couple of my rods if they were starving. I thought it was more "teaching" him about coming to the pier prepared.

IMO it's the pier etiquette Rare is always yammering about and teaching his kids. The way to behave in public. I never brought a net to Dania. Chris gave me his net when he moved to Ferguson and I never brought it once. Somehow complete strangers are always helping land your fish without even being asked at Dania. Probably cause they're amazed to see one
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Well since you mentioned the net I will tell you that the guy that was wanting to borrow my poop, just previous to that I had a big fish straight up-and-down and he didn't volunteer to net it for me somebody else came from up at the tee. Who knows that may have been the thing that made me say yes to my biki rod

Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Post by Pilgrim »

I usually carry extra sabiki's with me. I'd rather give him one and let him use it on his own rod.
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

kenedy
Fisher

Post by kenedy »

I will never loan.....
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Nope ,sorry bring your own ,if is a kid,i will tell him ill get u a bait ...

Lorellana
Fisher

Post by Lorellana »

Depends. Sometimes I bring my nice rod, in which I'll be more than happy to get someone bait. If I bring my Walmart bait catcher, then I don't mind loaning it. Just 12 dollars to replace.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Lorellana wrote:Depends. Sometimes I bring my nice rod, in which I'll be more than happy to get someone bait. If I bring my Walmart bait catcher, then I don't mind loaning it. Just 12 dollars to replace.

That is the distinction I was talking about. If a person can't tell the difference and not ask. I will be glad to say no.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Green Tide wrote:[That is the distinction I was talking about. If a person can't tell the difference and not ask. I will be glad to say no.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Tide that was brilliantly concluded thread and boarderline poetic

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”