SaltyDog aka Scotty.

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
Username28
KING MACKEREL

SaltyDog aka Scotty.

Post by Username28 »

I notice you have something against SAILFISH being LEGALLY caught, kept, and eaten. If its such a prized fish, how about you STOP targeting, catching, keeping and EATING, snook. Seems hypocritical to me! Cant have your cake and eat it too!
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Re: SaltyDog aka Scotty.

Post by Floridahogfish »

If you guys are so against killing sailfish go walk the docs down at Bahia mar there is usually one or two hanging every 3 days on the nail board
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Floridahogfish wrote:If you guys are so against killing sailfish go walk the docs down at Bahia mar there is usually one or two hanging every 3 days on the nail board
Scotty would have a HEART ATTACK!
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

this is kinda out of no where but i say if you follow the rules you do no harm if you are going too eat it why not better the what most the charter caps do just snap a bunch of pics and str8 too the dump

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Cows can be considered majestic animals as well guys, nothing like sitting back and watching a big giant animal regurgitate its food only to re eat it. now that's special in my book! lol

at the end of the day turtles are endangered (sp) sails are not.

on a side not anyone got any great white shark sushi im DIEING to try it lol
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

I notice how Scotty hasn't responded. Guess the truth hurts! Sailfish or SNOOK, if it's legal and you want it, by all means. I am NOT for trophy fishing, don't keep it unless your going to EAT IT.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Rijkaard wrote:snook is one of the tastiest fish in the ocean, sailfish or marlin meat is decent eating only if smoked, to me there's no purpose to kill a sailfish unless it comes to the boat already dead from the fighting struggle, and that happens sometimes
I've had sailfish dip once, and I absolutely loved it. Would I kill one? Doubtful. But it IS legal, and therefore more power to people if they want to eat it. I cant stand people who fish for Trophies. If I catch something thats considered a trophy, thats what pictures are for.

The idea of blasting people for keeping a fish, when its LEGAL, is outrageous. If your going to blast someone for keeping a sailfish, why not blast them for keeping swordfish/dolphin/grouper/snook.

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

i was a vegetarian for almost 15 years... and all i have to say is dead animals are yummy!! follow the laws.. dont kill it unless you are gonna eat it or use it for bait.. imo a wild caught sailfish has had a much better life than some chicken living in its feces... but hell i could really go for some hot wings right about now..lol :toast:

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

8) Lol I can't wait for mr saltydog to reply this thread cracks me up
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Floridahogfish wrote:8) Lol I can't wait for mr saltydog to reply this thread cracks me up
I doubt he will, very seriously.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Sailfish should require a tag to keep just like tarpon. No more customers on charters pressured to keep one for a fiberglass mount to wind up rotting in a dumpster.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Wow...talk about bringing up an old thread...I totally forgot about this.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

jettypark28 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: now that was an old thread LOL... but hell this one was
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:05 pm

By forum rules... that's still a new thread, replying to something in 06.... well
that's an old old thread and most of the time it only happens with new people
or people that are relying for post count or!!!! just plain bored to death and
want to reply to anything :lol: :lol: ..... just saying
Or just drunk...and to drunk to figure out what he was saying...

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

:uplol: so true in your case
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”