how bout we all post our snook catches here

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Ha gotta love it.

Nice Tod See the boys out slaying it.

Well done GK Rare and others.

Hip hip hurray. Missing it already.

You guys rock fo sho
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: how bout we all post our snook catches here

Post by gruntking »

i dont usualy take pic of just barely keeper snook but i just couldnt help man the bite was crazy this morning 9 snook 4 tarpon all within like 30minutes freaking insane

fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Very cool. Hot bite. Hoping to have similar results at some point this week.... Catch em up!

-Swordfish

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Caught the biggest snook of my life today, probably won't catch one this big ever again. Had it leadered and it frayed me off as I went to lip it. Made off with my flare, all 50" of it. Caught several over 40, my best measured is 45" and this was def bigger. I started shaking when I saw it in the light, I thought it was a small tarpon. lol This fish is going to haunt me, haven't stopped thinking about it all day. I'd give my right nut to put a tape on it and get a picture. Oh well. Googan out.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Love it! Cool poop bro.... Ive had a few girls like that over the years... Including one that was in my hands, just couldn't lift her out of the water / didn't wanna kill her by doing so. It's ok though, they live on in your memory. YOU know how big she was, that's all it takes! Keep em coming boss!

-Swordfish

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Here's me releasing a slot fish on SoBe. Bowling form... lol

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

nice bud real nice
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Keeping thread alive. I'll keep posting what I catch throughout the week. Special shout out to my boy Linesider and Gonesharkfishing, they built me a BAD ASS snook stick with an old school gator glass blank! LOVE IT. Less than a week since I have had it, already 5 snook and 2 tarpon jumped on it! One of them in crystal clear water in Key West in less than a foot of water. I ripped it in front of him and he CLOBBERED it! No hesitation! I LOVE the hawk!!!!

Linesider and GSF make some solid rods, awesome peeps too, my boys for a very long time!

Fished with ChevyJuan too. We did a bit of exploring further south, did not put in as much time as we could due to tight schedules, but we made it down to MM 0!

Yes they are dirty cuz I gotta put em down to take the jig out, on the ground they are supported as opposed to being suspended by the jaw. They always swim off strong. Only posted the dink to show her voracious appetite and the fact that she was caught in crystal clear water. I have no idea what these look like to them, but clearly they love the sight of them! I fish 80lbs mono leader and Hi Viz yellow 65LBS PP.

-Swordfish

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ilovefishing »

Nice post swordfish

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Juan tearin it up this year glad you have time to get out tight work bra :toast:

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

Always nice to cast a line with Swordfish, i have always been a bottom jigging outgoing tide kinda snook fisher, juan turned me on to them FH. There great but in Juan style of fishing u need a stout rod to cast those 1.5-2oz jigs and then solid back bone to whoop that fish from pilings n structure. Felt awesome catching first snook on that custom rod we built for Juan.. Glad u like it buddy may u put a whopping on many fish to come

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Nicely done! LOL

So many slot snook down there! Only teenies at my spot. LOL

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Not to steal Spidey's thunder, as I DO thoroughly enjoy the just pure light tackle nirvana that you attain from catching big fish on a kiddie setup.

Here are the sights of my people though!

There was my little bonus last night. Solid 25 inch black grouper on the hawk... I had made up my mind to release everything I caught and thus everything we back in the drink... It was their lucky night! This was nirvana to me, in darkness, AT MY FEET while PLAYING with the jig at the shore I got hammered!

After that I could've gone home happy! I caught quite a few snook, missed a few hits etc. Full moon, breezy, dreamy conditions! Chevy Juan met me down there, however the tide was not in his favor... Funny thing is though, homey got his slot BEFORE heading south LMAO! I LOVE it when I can say I am going to go get me a fish and it happens... I am getting spoiled now... I can only imagine when the mullet move deep south it will be even better since fish will be actively feeding.... Tarpon are stacked up btw, probably resident fish, but they are thick.

-Swordfish

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

swordfish wrote: I had made up my mind to release everything I caught and thus everything we back in the drink...

-Swordfish
Well done Sir, well done!!! That's a hard fish to throw back too. :toast:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Very nice Juan. It must be so much fun when you get good to the point you just "know" you are going to score at will. Makes it easier to toss back those keeper grouper huh? :auto:
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

This is my second one ever on a jig. First one on a hawk at night though. It was more of a karma thing. First of the species I like to release! From where I caught her and knowing the structure and what made her strike, Ill be working similar places from now on and see if lightning strikes twice...

-Swordfish

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Thats a sweet catch right there, Juan!!! Very nice work man :toast: :toast: :toast:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Thx Rare! She went for the holes right away, had to dog her out! Was a hell of a short fight. It's awesome though when you feel the thump, yet it don't feel like a snook or a tarpon! :reeling: :reeling: :nilly: :nilly:

-Swordfish

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

what a tool....lol bet if u had a cooler with ice this story would have a different ending...oye meet u at 7-8 tonight??

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

She would have still swam free... Same as your first slot did this year sir!

-Swordfish

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

In the interest of keeping the thread alive! I ended up braking my Okuma reel the other night (Wed night, not shocking, handle broke clean off in my hand on a small fish, hand lined it in) That night when I got home I sent for a cabo 60. It got here Friday night, already caught its first few fish last night... It is a GREAT complimenting reel to the Rod that Linesider built for me! First fish for the new setup was a 40" PIG!!!

Ended up going 3/5, lost a couple real nice girls, one was on the fall so did not have enough time to set the hook, the other one got me round a pylon and as I was walking her back she came up and spit the hook! Was a very short night since an idiot quit at my job and I had to cover for him...

I am extremely happy with the rod Linesider and Gonesharkfishin! It is awesome... I asked you to build me something I could flip these size girls up with and you and Brad DELIVERED!
-Swordfish

bdawk2020
Weekend Warrior

Post by bdawk2020 »

Awesome stuff bro. Very jealous. Im just hoping to catch one before Christmas lol

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

bdawk2020 wrote:Awesome stuff bro. Very jealous. Im just hoping to catch one before Christmas lol
Hoping to catch another one by Thanksgiving. They are hiding from me... >.<

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

tears143 wrote:
bdawk2020 wrote:Awesome stuff bro. Very jealous. Im just hoping to catch one before Christmas lol
Hoping to catch another one by Thanksgiving. They are hiding from me... >.<

dont feel bAd me to
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

swordfish wrote: I am extremely happy with the rod Linesider and Gonesharkfishin! It is awesome... I asked you to build me something I could flip these size girls up with and you and Brad DELIVERED!
-Swordfish
Thank u sir. Much appreciated.
Now to continue on snook topic.
Headed out 10/13 with swordfish n gonesharkfishin
First stop, 3 cast into this hawking night fish on. Next ran to couple other spots with no luck till Brad jumped a poon. As we headed back home we stop at the other spots. This is were I hooked a fatty. We all thought it was a 40" plus it was so healthy. After taking the stick to her, only 35"+ so after some pics off she went. All n all great night. Well at least for me it was.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Coral Gables snookin at its finest!

-Swordfish

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

very nice fishes guys :toast:

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

good work fellas :toast:

bdawk2020
Weekend Warrior

Post by bdawk2020 »

Nothing to brag about but its my first one this season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”