Tourist

IMPORTANT !!!!
Hey if you are going to rabble on or have something to say or whatever do it here --- open discussion. keep the rest of the forum to there titles it makes it better when reading the boards to not see off topic subject when it does not belong there. Thank you
phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Tourist

Post by phillybass »

I know FL is a tourist state and all. Why do they insist on touching people equipment like its theirs. I had a guy at Lake Worth pier pick my rod up and hold it in the air while his friend takes pictures. I had just thrown it out with live bait. At anglins pier I go to cast out a live gog on bottom on my long rod as I cast out I yell clear and turned to look at my rig as I always do and a lady is holding my rig by the sinker getting a pic taken of the bait. Are these people insane. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Tourist

Post by lkatze2 »

I think I saw a sign at the airport that says "you must turn your brains off when entering Florida"

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

People that enter the piers for purposes other than fishing should be required to wear something to identify themselves as googans...I've had people, like 6 of em at one time with their hands in my bait well pulling shrimp and pinfish out and playing around with them like they're toys on the shelf lol big :scold:
Even worse is when they hang around asking questions while you stand there practicing the great art of restraint in order to prevent the lashing that would normally occur :mad:
But normally I'll go with a polite "personal space" reminder and if that fails then comes the F off and go back to your country :patriot:

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

"Pick up my rod" "take out my bait".... Would love for someone to do that to me. Sure they never will again after.

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

This thread has been reminding me of a book I read a couple of times called "Tourist Season" by Carl Hiaasen.

He use to write a column for the Miami Harold and is a die hard native, like so many people I've met on here...."I grew here and you flew here" kinda mentality...Of course, I love him and his books. Tourist season, especially. You have to know that he's not referring to snow birds vacationing, but instead it's more of a "grouper season" or "hunting season"...

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Definitely worth a read. :sunny:

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I just ask for $5 a picture I'll even take them

Return to “Chatter bucket-Ramble ONNnnnn”