NO LONGER A BOATLESS FISHERMAN

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
gdm phil
SHARKER

Re: NO LONGER A BOATLESS FISHERMAN

Post by gdm phil »

I've got a cheap fish finder if u need
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

i appreciate all the help and advice guys, truly. Pat you will be goign out with me some day soon i hope, nelson too, as i said my boat is open to you guys, russ, tommy, whoever. Pat ty for the pm as well.

Phil i saw the fish finder earlier this afternoon, a littlel higher than we want to go but that hing is nice. i found a hummingbird 170 for 75 bucks. new. not sure when im getting one or what one ill get just saying.

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

if you get the 170 make sure you mount the transducer as far away from the outboard as possible they weren't really made for use with out boards and if its to close it will inter-fear with the head unit and the head use will black out due to the freq coming off the prop while running , we had it on my brothers jon boat and was having that problem so we moved it to the outside edge of the port side and it did better but he now has the 190c and has no problems with it ...

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

ahh good looking out... ill look for that one then

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

np just thought id give ya a heads up about the problem we had with it , but later on i would look in to getting a good gps/fishfinder/sounder .. they are pricey but thats why i said later on ours cost us like 650.00 for it and its worth its weight in gold in what it can do , the 441s we bought was a big upgrade that we did to help find and locate fish and wrecks plus it does a lot of other stuff , but look around in pawn shops and garage sales and flea markets and you should be able to find one cheaper , the hand held gps we had to find the wrecks was getting old as we would get to a wreck number and then have to motor around to find the wreck which could be 30 yards or so off , with the new garmin 441s we find it as soon as we pull up in like 10 -20 feet ... so its made a big difference in how and where we fish now and if the cooler gets full

lednerthurman
Fisher

Post by lednerthurman »

clarence2society wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 pm
bought my 17 foot ana capri 84, with 88hp johnson...center console. i am no longer boatless..figure i owe myself something nice after all i been through and you only live once right??? so soon asi get her tagged and fix some minor stuff im ready to head out...we can fit 3 guys and gear easy i think.
This is an amazing boat... I want this too... :)

Return to “Broward County”