Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2013 to 2022 "Reports Only"

Boatless Fishing Reports for Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Dania, Lauderdale by the Sea, Pompano Beach
mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2013 to 2016 "Reports On

Post by mil7950 »

stopped by this morning (8am-9am) for an hour or so just throwing frozen shrimp, no bites. didnt see any bait at all either. someone did catch a small grove but that was it from what id seen.

may try hitting it later this week with live shrimp, not sure.

what rigs do you guys like here? i get snagged up on fish finders everywhere except the last section of the dock. used a knocker rig for the first time today but i didnt stay long enough to see how it worked.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Jig head or split shot with live shrimp. You want it near the bottom but drifting with current
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Post by mil7950 »

went from 7am-1030am today using live shrimp. caught a short mangrove on a split shot. no luck on jigs and no luck on gotcha.

was still getting snagged up a lot. should have tried smaller split shots but forgot to pack them.

got a huge pufferfish, too, biggest one id ever seen.

Fractilizer
Fisher

Post by Fractilizer »

Shrimp thick tonight at dead high tide filled 1/2 5 gallon in 45 mins some huge ones to like hand size. Went up there to check out the full moon with the wife and kid after dinner and they were so thick that luckily I had my cast net and bucket in the truck sucked throwing the net 100 times but hell I got SKRIMPS!

mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Post by mil7950 »

stopped by today, the pier is damaged from irma and closed off. fished the northern side of the park and got nothing, just a bunch of small bites. never really seen anyone catch anything good here.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

You may have noticed that the walkway out to the jetties Dania Beach we’re also damaged the fish are getting a big break right now

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Post by mil7950 »

Haven’t seen it personally but I’ve read about it on here. Has there been any word on when it’ll be fixed?

I went out this morning before work and hit the intracoastal around Pompano/Deerfield and landed a few jacks. I keep seeing tarpon at dawn in the intracoastal but can never get them to hit any artificial. I hooked up with one in the middle of the day on a spooltek but it shook free. Any lure recommendations to land one of them?

CiggyTardust
Fisher

Post by CiggyTardust »

Wow, I've tried fishing here many times and almost always got skunked. Never really saw anyone else pull in anything noteworthy either. After reviewing this entire thread, it appears the Hillsboro inlet is a pretty crappy place to fish. I'm not doubting the fish are there, but it just doesn't look to be a very productive spot at all if this thread is any indication...

Rebop
Fisher

Post by Rebop »

I go fishing there all the time and it can be very fun some days. It definitely takes strategy but you can catch dinner or hook into something big if you want a thrill. The most important part is learning what the structure is on the bottom and avoiding the rocks.

When I picked up fishing again 15 years ago, that's the spot where I relearned everything. Maybe it's just sentimental but it's one of my favorite spots.

That being said, I wouldn't send someone there that's looking for a trophy catch.

Return to “Broward County”