1st mirror carp

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
SD2
Seasoned Fisher

1st mirror carp

Post by SD2 »

Went to the Blackstone river in Northbridge MA for the 1st time ever. These mirrors are beauties, all of them are as close to fully scaled as you'll ever see. The numbers of mirrors there are just sick, i had never caught a mirror before but that all has changed, my 1st mirror was also my PB, just shy of 15 lbs. I got 5 total, 3 mirrors and 2 micro commons, also lost a nice 12 plus mirror on the bank and another in the weeds so 5 for 7 for the day. My buddy Jeff got 22 mirrors! Poor Greg was busy netting our catches. LOL
No giants but lots of action.
Here is my 1st and PB 14.15 lb mirror carp.
"Game fish are too valuable to only be caught once."

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: 1st mirror carp

Post by fishnfool73 »

As always a great report.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Post by bigboyjames11 »

your a carp catching machine. congrates on your first mirror carp
only the big and strong survive

SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SD2 »

Thanks guys some more pics are in.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

I see you like carp fishing. i believe some(species) can reach up to 50lbs or more in some locations.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Nice catch there. :thumright:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

FriskyMullet
KING MACKEREL

Post by FriskyMullet »

Those are some cool looking carp. :thumleft:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Went to Philly on vacation last year and a man took me to Maryland Carp fishing. Here's the set up we used to slay the carp. Fish finder rig with a small hook. I would use circle hooks, we did not. Maybe small trebels. We made a secret bait of cornmeal and flour mixed with water to super puddy consistancy the night before. More cornmeal than flour like pie dough and kept it ice cold in zip lock baggies. Keep bag on ice at fishing spot. Ball a small rubber bouncy ball size chunk up and puddy it around hook in a ball, squeeze tightly so it stays on hook. Let sit on bottom untill carp caught. Maybe thats what you guys do but it worked very good for us. Nice carp! :reeling:

SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SD2 »

It was my buddys venue so i used what he suggested, its a method feeder rig, 1st you put this big ball of mixed carp attractants on a sliding weight and then you set up 3 pieces of various flavored corn on a hair rig, i was skeptical but it worked real well. I usually use corn, bread or oatmeal packed baits, cornmeal sounds good too, every lake, pond or river is different, what works great in one place sucks in a different place.

Return to “New England Area”