First fish of season...

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Fishing Reports and Fishing Information
kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

First fish of season...

Post by kyfisherman »

While running around a bit today I road my 4wheeler down to the creek, made a few casts but no takers. Creek water was really cold, probably 40-42.

This evening I went to a local farm pond and casted some crank baits and finally got to feel that tug on the end of my line! First cast I saw the bait coming up and a good bass probably 17-18 inches opening its mouth behind it, since I could see the strike happening I messed up and jerked early. After that I caught 3 more bass in the 12-13 inch range. No big ones, the last fish I caught out of the pond was a really big bluegill, probably about a 10incher.

So as the weather warms I'll be posting more and more reports, with pics next time lol...

Big Daddy
Old Salt

Post by Big Daddy »

Thanks for the report. I forget how good we have it (Fla)-always someplace to fish, always something biting. I'll bet the first hit felt like an old friend.
Wanna go fishin?
We ain't left yet?

BD

full-cooler
Seasoned Fisher

Post by full-cooler »

i like your tally of fish caught for 2007 i ahve already caught way more than i know this year so maybe i will start one next year

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

yea it's right to the best of my knowledge, it's just hard to keep track of while your fishing, but it becomes easier.......

btw, the weather has turned sour again here in ky, last 4 days we've had snow and it's been very windy... had about 2 inches last night and it's April 7th....... Maybe this will be our last bad spell.........

Supposed to go around 15 degrees tonight, and last week we were in the mid 80's......

jamel13
Old Salt

Post by jamel13 »

Just stay warm KYFISHERMAN.... :wink:

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

I'm trying, sitting here watching the weather and he just said another winter storm over the weekend ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't win this spring

Return to “South "Excluding Florida"”