SPEAK or hold your Tongue

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

SPEAK or hold your Tongue

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Hello Members
Well I do a post like this every so often.
What I would like to know is hows things going around here ? your opinion is needed for me to know.
Do you have suggestions I would like to hear them.

Please break your comments into two responses so I can clearly read and follow.

Purpose is because I am just checking to see if we need to make changes and that we are doing a good job and that most are satisfied.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Re: SPEAK or hold your Tongue

Post by Boruchlen »

I think that the site (and the administrators, moderators etc. ) are doing a great job. This is definitely a fishing site above all else, but also a fun way to meet new people, even if it's just over the net who share the same love of fishing, even if they disagree on almost everything else. You guys allow plenty of leeway for people to speak their minds, but also keep enough control to make sure things don't get totally out of hand. The majority of the people who frequent this site (members and non-members alike) are adults, and are treated that way by the moderators, even when some of them act like little children ( a minority). It's also great to see some of the kids on the site who have alot to contribute, not just to the site, but also to the future of the sport.
My only recommendation would be stickies with more species specific FWC rules and regulations with pictures (timed to coincide with that fish's season), and maybe a brief tutorial on targeting that species. Who knows, you may even be able to publish a book from that info once it gets to be well rounded.
All in all Tommy, moderators and others behind the scenes, Kudos for a great job :cheers: , and a wonderful site. I for one have nothing to complain about :salut: .
It is a far better thing to have caught and lost, than to have never caught at all.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but the ability to act while facing fear

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

You know... Ive known Tommy for a couple of years now and can tell you that if he sat down and wrote a book with the wealth of information he has gathered throughout his years he would become a millionaire, if not a best seller... His techniques will work not just down south, but just about anywhere tropical to subtropical in our wonderful globe. Keep it up Tom, and look into the book thing, so u can move to the keys and give us fishing seminars ^_^!

-sword

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

x2 :stupid:

FriskyMullet
KING MACKEREL

Post by FriskyMullet »

Love the site, everything is finer than a frog hair split four ways. :thumleft: :cheers:

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Tommy, I would like to congratulate you for setting up this forum as well as say THANK-YOU!! While I haven't been a member all that long and don't feel like I can contribute very much as far as helping others with fishing tips (being I'm somewhat of a newbie), I do try to post reports of my fishing excursions every time I get to go. That is something I would like to encourage everyone to do.

As far as suggestions for improvements, I'm not sure I have a lot to offer along those lines. I love the forum but do a lot of selective reading here. Guys can say what they want....as in express their opinion.....and I never let it get under my skin! If I don't like it, I just let it run off my back and move on to the next subject I'm interested in....hence the "selective reading".....everyone is entitled to their opinion!!

I look forward to meeting more of the members here in the future!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

we need to recruit more ppl from all over Florida cuz most of our reports are usually on the east coast and down south.

would like to see different tournaments like from piers, beaches or bridges of non shark catches.

and it would be great to have a photo of the month picture posted on the main page.

an update on photo's for the piers on the B.F main page for visitors.

bullbusters
Weekend Warrior

Post by bullbusters »

rob762 wrote:All things considered, things are going well.

I would like to see more of:

1 - Posting fishing reports. Honestly, do you really believe that your posting will cause thousands of people to show up?

2 - Sharing of techniques - whether it be casting, knot tying, rigging, etc. We can always learn from each other.

3 - Use of stickies - to Bruce's point, timely stickies noting limits, size regs etc would be very useful. As a mod, not sure I can post stickies....

I would like to see less of:
1 - Bickering. Let's try to get along. I know we're like a family and all families have their moments, but take a second to read what you type and "taste the words", before you post...

2 - Slamming of folks that made a mistake. Note, I said "made a mistake", not deliberately broke a law/regulation.

Just my .02, ymmv.
:stupid: :reeling:
http://www.facebook.com/Bullbuster.mono ... shing.line
https://plus.google.com/107013063084498996341

Bullbuster USA Fishing Line - Premium brand direct fishing lines (50% off retail pricing).

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Going well, and if it ain't broke don't fix it
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

I think everything is running great. More new members are participating in the day to day conversations and that has to show you that this Forum is doing something right. I love the sticky idea for whats running and how to target.

I can't come up with anything negative to say.

I would like to see more newbies post in here and say exactly what their first impressions are though. For those newbies who may be a bit stand offish just jump on in. The waters fine. The more participation from everyone the better.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Ant
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ant »

I have only been on this site for a few months and I enjoy it Its very helpful and run very well
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing- Jammy Jasta

C-MONEY

Post by C-MONEY »

I just joined this forum a few months ago and I love it. One thing is I find more BS topics about news and stuff then fishing. I think its just because the fishing hasnt been great lately and everyones inside on here instead of fishing. Maybe when fishing turns up there will be more topics about reports and stuff then news. Just my imput. :)

firebeforice
Old Salt

Post by firebeforice »

Overall, I would say that this site is doing a great service to the average boatless fisherman. Personally, some of the instructional pages (the rig diagrams!) really helped me out. Now if this darn wind could just die down....then it would be time for :reeling: !!!

SD2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SD2 »

I like the concept of this site, i wish i could see a few more pics of fish caught, it's easy enough to disguise your background if you have a fear of your spot getting burned.
"Game fish are too valuable to only be caught once."

Walkabout
Fisher
Location: Seattle, WA most of the year. Big Pine Key when I'm able.

Post by Walkabout »

Tommy, this site has been a godsend for me. I've been reading the BF site for about 3 years and I can attribute any luck I have fishing to articles in the BF forums, especially your fishing the Keys articles you wrote way back.
With very little effort anyone can find a wealth of knowledge, experience, tips, etc. on just about any aspect of fishing. There are so many very experienced fishermen involved in this forum.
The one thing I would like to see would be a Topic area set up and request that the experienced members put in their opinions. For example, you could have the Topic "What hooks do you use for what fish?". Members with experience could explain why Owner bait hooks work well with shrimp.........etc. Other topic could cover which leader material works best for you, etc. I know the information is in the forums already, but a new request for feedback would bring in some fresh ideas and really help us new guys trying to learn something.
All in all, the BF website has always helped me, and I try to report my humble fishing efforts in return. Thanks for a great site Tommy and all the moderators, administrators.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I am going to keep this thread open until weds or thurs and then I am going to answer the suggestions and act on your observations and suggestions that I feel we can do at this time.

So if you want to be a part of this post here
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Morpheus
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Morpheus »

I love the site. It has helped me tremendously.

I think the people on here are very helpful for the most part.

I am on a couple of other forums and this one is one of the best by far.

One thing I would like to see that I see on other sites is the ability to read part of a post by rolling the mouse over the thread title without having to actually click on the topic...................Just a suggestion. Thanks for a great site. :salut:
Never fry bacon naked!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

From my point of view, Boatless has beem for me at least a wealth of information. But more than that it's been the source of meeting some of the nicest people on the planet. It seems like every time I go fishing I meet more Boatless members and /or their families. That for me is the true value of this site. Some of the friendships made here will last a lifetime. To that end I agree with Rob. It's up to us the members to improve the site by posting more reports and showing restraint in our post's. As far as what you can do Tommy, All I can say is it ain't broke don't fix it. JMHO
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

SD2 wrote:i wish i could see a few more pics of fish caught
Me too.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Works just fine IMHO.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Filletnrelease
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Filletnrelease »

I agree with Crash, if it ain't broke don't fix it. All and all the best site I have seen. Being a West coaster, I can't add much to your east coast reports, not having much experience there. I try to post reports and pics when possible and try to stay out of the pissing matches. Still read them and usually get a laugh or two. Keep up the good work Tommy and others, maybe someday I will have the good fortune to meet you in person.
Jack

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

fixed80 wrote:
would like to see different tournaments like from piers, beaches or bridges of non shark catches.

and it would be great to have a photo of the month picture posted on the main page.
I have nothing really to complain about, this is a great forum, and all the mods do a great job as well. :cheers:

I like these 2 ideas from fixed80, it would be cool if something like this could be arranged.
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

Every once and a while I see the yahoo server error message, and also have phantom posts identical to the occurring problem that was happening alot awhile back. Does anybody else have these problems throughout the day ?

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

CubanExpress wrote:Every once and a while I see the yahoo server error message, and also have phantom posts identical to the occurring problem that was happening alot awhile back. Does anybody else have these problems throughout the day ?
I get the same thing once in a while.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

I like the idea of a pic of the month for the front page.

I haven't noticed any tech problems with the site lately other than it running slowly, but that could just be my shotty net service at work.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

i agree pic of the month. site went thru a short shaky period but things have been great as of late... ive met some great friends on here as well. been helped a lot and i hope ive helped out a little lol
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”