new to pier fishing

If you experience any problems registering please email info@boatlessfishing.com , I will fix issue ASAP, you should be activated with in 24 hours.
bones
Fisher

new to pier fishing

Post by bones »

Hoping i'm in the right place. I will be in fort Lauderdale the first week of Dec. and hope to spend some time at Anglins pier. Being from Mi. I don't do much pier fishing. Will be bringing two 7ft med action spinning outfits with 12 lb test and one 8ft med. heavy with 20lb will this be sufficient? Also what is normally biting the first of Dec. Thanks for any info or suggestions.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Re: new to pier fishing

Post by chris21 »

it will be good enough for targeting snapper under the pier, and there should also be plenty of spanish mackerels around too to toss a jig at
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

bones
Fisher

Post by bones »

Thanks for the answer. Could anyone recomend what I should have to give me a chance to get anything else, I have heavier rods and could spin some heavier line onto a reel if it would help me at all. Thanks

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

just use cut mullet or ballyhoo on the bottom for bluefish, snapper, jacks, and if your lucky a snook or grouper. bring jigs, spoons and gotchas lures for the bluefish and mackerels. with the upcoming cold in south florida the most common fish caught will no doubt be the bluefish, the above methods I described will catch plenty of them.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Return to “User Help for BF Forums and Rule of use”