Gulfstream on Friday

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Gulfstream on Friday

Post by baseball4life702 »

Going to be heading out on the gulfstream with saltydoug on Friday... Should I bother getting live shrimp or any other bait? Or just stick with their sandballs? Haven't been out with them in a year so just looking for any advice on bait if you have been on there recently.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: Gulfstream on Friday

Post by cantseeme47 »

baseball4life702 wrote:Going to be heading out on the gulfstream with saltydoug on Friday... Should I bother getting live shrimp or any other bait? Or just stick with their sandballs? Haven't been out with them in a year so just looking for any advice on bait if you have been on there recently.
If bottom fish get fresh bait if not use thee yellowtail bait
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea ill prob pick up some fresh to fish the bottom too thanks for the advice

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Good Luck
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Thanks man :reeling:

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

dont waste your money. use their bait. fresh bait does no better fishing the stern for yt because you put it in a sandball. they have a rotation on the back so people cant hog it. the only reason to really fish bottom durring the day is for grouper which is closed. i did however see a guy catch a hogfish on bottom last week and porgies. but even the muttons i saw caught were on their bait. if u end up going at night, then live shrimp might help because u usually dont need to sandball. just ask a regular for what to do when u get on the boat, the ppl i see that go on there all the time never bring storeboat bait really durring the day. at night though last time i caught some nice grovers on live pinfish on the bottom

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea I wasn't gonna spend a ton lol but we were thinking about some live pinfish for the bottom, where did u get yours? salty is gonna call yellow bait house and see but I don't remember them having any last time ...now that I think about it idk why i thought about bringing shrimp during the day bad idea on my part lol but we prob gonna get some hoos for plugs for mutton. I know about the rotation I've been before just not in a while. But we shall statrt with sandballs.

zpunancy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by zpunancy »

Man yellowbait house is a rip off for pinners . If you can catch your own I advise u to do so but if you are in a pinch then go ahead. If I remember correctly they are like a dollar 25. Pop maybe even more . Just a heads. Up

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

i go to captain bad for pins they are a good size

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

zpunancy wrote:Man yellowbait house is a rip off for pinners . If you can catch your own I advise u to do so but if you are in a pinch then go ahead. If I remember correctly they are like a dollar 25. Pop maybe even more . Just a heads. Up
Yep that's the thing we will have a little time but not enough to catch bait so I'm ready to bite the bullet, 1.25 isn't that bad and maybe we'll try captian bad to see the price difference

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

I always just bought my pinfish at yellowbait house, 10-12 pinfish will survive in a 5 gallon bucket with a couple water changes (use the hose)

IMO fresh bait makes a huge difference, but you can just use what you catch on the boat.

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Post by saltydoug »

We have a 5 gallon bucket and aerator; def gonna get some pinfish, with the time and money already invested ya just gotta arm up.

Talked to the good folks at the Gulfstream today, they supply ballyhoo. I've only been on one driftboat before and the bait was kinda soggy, can anyone comment on the freshness they supply?
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yellow bait house almost always has fresh hoos in the morning always solid not soggy I will get us a dozen or so

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

What's great about this boat is that they sometimes provide fresh speedos/ballyhoo/gogs. If not though, they use whatever frozen bait they get a good deal on at the fish house.

I'd say bring some pinfish, and use whatever by-catch you catch while sand balling. Good luck out there, and post a report for all of us stuck working :toast:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Miami_Chris wrote: Good luck out there, and post a report for all of us stuck working :toast:
Work? :scratch: What is that, all I know is fishing lol jk I had to work this week to have Friday off but thanks for the luck and we will definitely have a report either real time or on the way in. :thumleft:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

baseball4life702 wrote:Yellow bait house almost always has fresh hoos in the morning always solid not soggy I will get us a dozen or so

The original one? You are not talking about Jacks are you?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

No not jacks the one in key largo

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

baseball4life702 wrote:Yellow bait house almost always has fresh hoos in the morning always solid not soggy I will get us a dozen or so

oh yeah they do you should buy a bunch of threadfins while your at it always super fresh in the coolers :king:
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

gruntking wrote: oh yeah they do you should buy a bunch of threadfins while your at it always super fresh in the coolers :king:
Added to the bait list :toast:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

you going day or night? if you need shrimp ,don't have to b alive I got fresh shrimp I could sell you i got em on ice caught them last nite key west pink shrimp great for hogs on a chicken rig .

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Going day, and unless u can meet us at like 6:30-7am on the way down I don't know if we'd have time to stop I gotta talk to Doug... Are they big enough to eat? lol I'd buy some off u if they are edible enough..and thanks for the offer

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

baseball4life702 wrote:Going day, and unless u can meet us at like 6:30-7am on the way down I don't know if we'd have time to stop I gotta talk to Doug... Are they big enough to eat? lol I'd buy some off u if they are edible enough..and thanks for the offer
yes they r I sell em by 5 pounds whole $15
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

I live in Miami tho don't know if is on your way.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

if you buy live shrimp at d keys ,I hate paying 2 or 3 dollars for a dozen,i went to buy live blue crabs they want it 3 dollars each I said keep it.At Outdoors World some like that.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea I'm in Miami too but saltydoug is coming from boynton beach so idk if there's time to stop but I definately want some to eat when I get back I will hit you up tomorrow and let u know

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

baseball4life702 wrote:Yea I'm in Miami too but saltydoug is coming from boynton beach so idk if there's time to stop but I definately want some to eat when I get back I will hit you up tomorrow and let u know

ok ,im very tired anyway,don't think you guys will have time, im glad in a way bcause im gonna crash hard lol.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

permitchaser wrote:
baseball4life702 wrote:Going day, and unless u can meet us at like 6:30-7am on the way down I don't know if we'd have time to stop I gotta talk to Doug... Are they big enough to eat? lol I'd buy some off u if they are edible enough..and thanks for the offer

do you have a license to sell shrimp ?
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

gruntking wrote:do you have a license to sell shrimp ?
what shrimp?so are you FWC now? eatpop

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

permitchaser wrote:

these shrimps nope im sure not fwc but ive been known to collect a reward or 3 from them at times
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Don't you have anything better to do, and I know your dying for FWC to reward you with your free happy meal. Someday in real life not on this internet forum lol somebody is gonna put you in your place for getting in other peoples business.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”