Best drift boat in palm beach county?

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Best drift boat in palm beach county?

Post by phillybass »

I've never fished any drift boats in palm beach county and I'm looking for recommendations
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Re: Best drift boat in palm beach county?

Post by saltydoug »

I hear the Black Dog outta Jupiter is pretty good. Let me know when you get here and are ready and I'll join ya.

And for my own drift boat report:
I had never been on a drift boat before moving here a few months back. Would go to Boynton Beach Marina (Sea Mist) and Hypoluxo (Living on Island time) a few times a week to check out the day's catch.

Disclaimer: IMHO YMMV NOI: Neither one ever had big numbers; < 1 fish per angler. Island Time would have some decent fish though, a nice grouper or two, mutton, dolphin, king. That is the boat I selected for my first and up till tomorrow only trip. Clean and stable boat, friendly crew who worked hard for the money, and I won the big fish jackpot by about 2 ounces :fish:. If I wasn't already unemployed I'da quite my job and made this my new living.
LoIT Fish.jpg
But the best part was watching this young man catch his first cobia.
LoIT Cobia.jpg
There were 4 or 5 ling caught, all undersize, number of dolphin as well but only two of size.

I would definitely go again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

im biased to the lady k
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

thanks for the info and we'll have to hook up and hit the water.

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Post by saltydoug »

And there's a boat running out of Lantana, "Killin Time" you should get on. Gracious captain will do his best to put you on em. First mate spent more time fishing than baiting my line though. (tommy And you might wanna eat your cheerios before you go. I couldn't drink coffee or beer with my left arm for two days.
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Sounds like fun

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Lol Boatless members are always welcome to come out just ask!
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Samana is the only boat i would fish if i did fish drift boats

check them out on fb
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

gruntking wrote:Samana is the only boat i would fish if i did fish drift boats
Blah blah blah. Been doing a lot of internet fishing lately huh bud? Haven't seen anything you've caught in the last month. I'm thinkin you're turning into another one of these BF "experts"......a lot of advice but no fish. Going through a dry spell huh? Happens to all of us.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Wondering when the king is gonna bless my boat btw
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

yep ive sure become just another boatless expert/goog

you wana tell me what ive been doing wrong ?
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

The only reason why us lesser anglers have to suffer with your "personality" on BF is because you walk the walk as well as anyone. OK dik.....listen closely........I'm asking nicely.....please post the pic.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

ok but remember this is on you
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

gruntking wrote:ok but remember this is on you
DONT!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

see thats exactly what i was thinking most of these guys are going to get there panties into such a tight knot nobody will be able to untie them

the only good thing about that catch is i did it on the staal anyone can catch a shark
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

gdm phil wrote:Wondering when the king is gonna bless my boat btw
Just so the forum knows....... I get that Philip was referring to the GruntKING and not me. My feelings aren't hurt....who wouldn't want the chance to out fish Joey :auto: Since the day you bought your boat you have continually extended a very warm generous offer to the entire Forum to join you on your adventures. Even members you have never met! In my book that's pretty special Phil.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Kingofthesea wrote:
gdm phil wrote:Wondering when the king is gonna bless my boat btw
Just so the forum knows....... I get that Philip was referring to the GruntKING and not me. My feelings aren't hurt....who wouldn't want the chance to out fish Joey :auto: Since the day you bought your boat you have continually extended a very warm generous offer to the entire Forum to join you on your adventures. Even members you have never met! In my book that's pretty special Phil.

nope he sure wasnt talking to me

rich you should go out with him it would be a perfect chance for you to work on your tan
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Yup. I'm laughing now. Think that's why I don't fish at night?

It's cool about the pic. I landed a monster stingray at Dania yesterday and didn't post the picture. Definitely a personal best at a tad over 15' nose to tail. Sweet stingray.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Rich I was inviting you Joey knows he's always welcome
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

Ralph
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ralph »

I recommend the Lady K too. Their website is www.barjackfishing.com

The three boats that fish out of the Boynton inlet all fish, basically, the same grounds. They all catch fish. Whether or not you catch fish on the boats is mostly up to you, not the boat. Sometimes one boat seems to catch more fish, but in the long run, it pretty much evens out.

The Lady K owner, Marc, has put a lot of money into updating and maintaining the boat and it shows. He also spent a lot on the bait and tackle shop there.

It's a dry boat with a big cabin. When the weather is nasty, everyone fits in the cabin.

The captains, Bruce and Frank, are both really good. They move the boat when there's no bite. They don't move the boat so much that it drives me nuts (if you've ever fished the Sealegs with Kenny, you'll know what I mean).

Because the Lady K is docked near the public boat ramps, there are plenty of fish cleaning tables nearby. I like to clean my own catch.

They have a VIP program where you can buy 10 trips for $300. Everyone else is charging $37-$40 per trip.

Since the new bridge opened, there is a fishing pier (walkway) nearby under the bridge where you can fish, or try to get some live bait before going out on the boat. There's some new docks built by the boat ramps where you can find live bait too.

A lot of people like the Island Time (some of the regulars fish both boats) but that's a smaller (and wetter) boat with a small cabin. I like to bring alot of gear with me so I appreciate the big cabin on the Lady K.

I have no idea why anyone would go on the Seamist.

Ralph
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ralph »

One more thing that I like about the Lady K - they let me put out a trolling line on the way out and back and between drifts. When I started fishing on that boat, the regulars would laugh and tell me that it's too shallow to catch anything trolling and I was wasting my time. Then I started catching fish. Sometimes a wahoo, kingfish, dolphin or blackfin will be near shore or outside the inlet looking for a meal. Usually we catch bonitas, but I've put a nice kingfish in the box by trolling before we got to the first drift of the day. And Artie, the ticket guy, was trolling with me one trip where he got a wahoo and a dolphin. Now guys are showing up with Penn Internationals or 9/0 Senators in addition to their bottom rigs and sometimes we have too many guys who want to troll.

I like having a line out behind the boat when they're making a long run to north of the LW Pier or south to Highland Beach. It increases my fishing time.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

And they accommodate jigging
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

saltydoug wrote:And there's a boat running out of Lantana, "Killin Time" you should get on. Gracious captain will do his best to put you on em. First mate spent more time fishing than baiting my line though. (tommy And you might wanna eat your cheerios before you go. I couldn't drink coffee or beer with my left arm for two days.
Sorry Doug, I was off the clock bud and on strict volunteer duty that day :biglaugh: I'll make sure you are well tended to on the next trip promise :toast:

And a tip for the guys that want to do the jig, eat plenty of protein and load up on carbs the day before, have a hearty breakfast, take a pre-game dump, and have some Bengay ready in the car for when you come back and/or vagisil if you decide that jigging is too much work.
Seriously though people, come out and play it's a great time. You won't be judged on your skill levels, religion or ethnicity and we are more than willing to help make sure you get hooked up.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”