sea legs afternoon trip 1/20/15

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
chris21
KING MACKEREL

sea legs afternoon trip 1/20/15

Post by chris21 »

I had an incredible itch yesterday to get out and fish some blue water, so I decided to go on the sea legs afternoon trip yesterday and it was a great time, havent fished it in awhile but it felt great to be on board again. On our way out I put a trolling feather out behind the boat and after only about 2 minutes it got slammed by something, after about a minute the mate on board helped me land a very nice cero mackerel, didnt get a measurement on it but I estimate between 25-27 inches, it went into the cooler and I sent the feather back out again, as soon as I loosened the drag and placed it in the rod holder the clicker went off immediately and the fish began to peel line off very quickly, after a couple minute brutal fight the mate on board landed a nice bonita which I intended to keep for shark bait so it went into the ice box, the rest of the afternoon wasnt too busy, a few nice triggerfish and a pretty nice 17 inch mutton along with some porgies came over the rail. I was vertical jigging the whole time and got cut off by a big kingfish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: sea legs afternoon trip 1/20/15

Post by HJared »

Thanks for the report. I Love DEm ceros

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Nice day on the water
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

HJared wrote:Thanks for the report. I Love DEm ceros
I cooked up that cero last night shortly after catching it and it was absolutely delicious!!
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”