Question

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
lasthope
Old Salt

Question

Post by lasthope »

So being that I barely ever charter and usually stick to my humble bridge spots I figured I might aswell come into this section and ask some questions. Party boat wise and stuff why is a drift boat better? Is catch my drift any good? Or is sea legs the go to? Should I take my own bait ? I'm probably taking my own tackle , just something about how comfortable I feel with my rods I guess. This is uncharted water for me and really any and all hell would be appreciated.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Question

Post by baseball4life702 »

My advice is take gulfstream in key largo it's anchor, 8:30-4:30 monday-Sunday and night trips Friday and Saturday/ Mainly yellowtail and kings/ no bait needed theres is all you would need and top quality

If you have to stay in Broward since the 2 boats you mentioned are there, I would do sea legs as I have had better results there... I'm not a big fan of drift fishing unless you can be reading sonar and know what bottom your fishing. Also 4 hours is a short time unless the bite is hot so I would be on the look out for an all day boat like Mary b III which is same place as catch my drift
Definitely bring your own tackle and as for bait usually I would say you won't need it but sometimes especially on the drift boats the bait can get soggy but there's no real way to know

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Travel north to Jupiter for the Mystic Rose Samana or Black Dog. You can't go wrong and by far better than any boat in Broward as far as party boats go.Helen S is another hidden boat that does great that this forum never mentions.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Gulfstream and sea king cuz they take u deeper than others in keys. Gulfstream cuz they sandball for yellowtails which are often times flags and usually see decent muttons and when season grouper. Dont go after a front though. Also usually see a king or 8. Never been on any in broward

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Sand balling eh? My favorite thank you gentlemen very much! Much appreciated

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

The little woamn and I went on Catch My Drift last Saturday night, right when that front was pushing through. Nothing like being in the pulpit with 6-8's rolling through, add in the occasional 8+ and it was exciting lol. I think about half the boat was chumming...sadly the ones that were chumming were using Bud Light and Yeunglings... :drunk: :stupid:

Despite the bite not being great I was extremely satisfied with the crew, much more than the other boats I've gone on in Broward. We did the Saturday night special, which is a 6 hour anchor and chum trip 7p-1a actual fishing time is about 8p-12a with short moves of sub-5-10 mins. I had hoped to YT but I didn't know they reserved spots on the stern. So here I am with a 7'6" ML and a 2500 series setup, I talked with the mate to get the run down and he loans me his International to use.

Could the bite have been better, of course, but the service was top notch. They provided bait, squid, herring, and bonita.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

you can ope on the sunday trips with us
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Thanks for the insight good service is always a plus .
And indeed I can Phil would be 2 tho got the girl surgically attached to the hip when it comes to fishing... Think she may love fishing as much as I do a true blessing.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

fishnfool73 wrote:Travel north to Jupiter for the Mystic Rose Samana or Black Dog. You can't go wrong and by far better than any boat in Broward as far as party boats go.Helen S is another hidden boat that does great that this forum never mentions.
You ever get time, we need to do a day trip. Been awhile!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

I did get my biggest tuna and considered one of the bigger tuna in south fla on the helen S

But I also almost threw a guy off who was getting loud with my buddy for using braid to jig
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I guess a big blackfin!!! when was this?

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

kblue wrote:I guess a big blackfin!!! when was this?
about 2 years ago. we were picking the meat out of its head on the dock
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

gdm phil wrote:I did get my biggest tuna and considered one of the bigger tuna in south fla on the helen S But I also almost threw a guy off who was getting loud with my buddy for using braid to jig
Nice one! Was that on a jig? And yeah, you get some real blow-holes on the Fish City & Helen that think they own the boat.

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

I regularly go on both the Sea Legs (I think its called the super sea legs now) and the Catch my Drift. I recommend bringing at most three set-ups, and probably just two. I usually have two conventionals, one for a long leader and the other for a chicken rig, and my third set-up is my spinning rid which I use for vertical jigging or just a pitch rod for dolphins cruising by. Both boats frown upon braid and the Catch my Drift will not let you use it period. I honestly think these boats are your best bet in South Florida, and based on the reports coming out of the keys and the palm beach area I do not really believe that the Gulfstream or the Sea king will deliver better results, at least not something good enough to justify the drive down. Of course you could always hit up the bridges in the keys and then you'd have a real trip. I have seen some outstanding reports from the Sea Mist in Boynton Beach, but I have yet to visit it. I cannot speak for the other boats, but if you do plan to visit the boats in Broward, do bring your own fresh bait; trust me it makes a difference. I cannot tell you how many times I've been there and dropped my own bait and got hit instantly; I always wish I brought more when I run out and I have to use their stuff. Their bait is sufficient, however there are some days the fish just will not cooperate.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

yup on the vert jig. youll see im a mad man with it
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”