Gulfstream new hours

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Gulfstream new hours

Post by fishnfool73 »

baseball4life702 wrote:I think I already uploaded a pic under the dade county forum of a couple jacks I caught a few weeks ago at blackpoint midday like 12-1 pm and I have also uploaded many pics of my gulfstream trips that have yellowtail, grouper and tiggerfish that we caught midday on the gulfstream well after the morning bite times with two members on this forum, listen I'm not professing you can catch your limit midday but fish do not stop eating just as I do not, if I'm hungyr I do get a Goddam snack just like the fish. And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?
Looking forward to those pics I will try to find some of mine as well.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

fishnfool73 wrote:
baseball4life702 wrote:I think I already uploaded a pic under the dade county forum of a couple jacks I caught a few weeks ago at blackpoint midday like 12-1 pm and I have also uploaded many pics of my gulfstream trips that have yellowtail, grouper and tiggerfish that we caught midday on the gulfstream well after the morning bite times with two members on this forum, listen I'm not professing you can catch your limit midday but fish do not stop eating just as I do not, if I'm hungyr I do get a Goddam snack just like the fish. And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?
Looking forward to those pics I will try to find some of mine as well.
Lol I'm not wasting my time going through the past and the obvious, I'll be spending my time looking for my afternoon delight :reeling: tomorrow :jester: lol

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

I tried looking for reports from you but didn't see any. Will look for them in the future.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

fishnfool73 wrote:I tried looking for reports from you but didn't see any. Will look for them in the future.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33402
Try reading through this.... While you learn your ABC's I'll get the other reports up! Not trying to start something with you but it seems like you are trying to with me.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nope not trying to start anything just trying to learn my ABCs as you put it. You do bring up a good point on afternoon bites as my 300 lb tuna bite at 1 pm ( though the 305 lb tuna bit at 6 pm. ) but both my big black grouper 47 lbs and 55 lbs bit at first light I would prefer to bottom fish as early as possible.
Last edited by fishnfool73 on Tue May 05, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

O yea there's sometimes a midday bite. I guess fish are like me they need breakfast lunch and dinner lol.

Then there's fat fish that eat all day

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

fishnfool73 wrote:Nope not trying to start anything just trying to learn my ABCs as you put it. You do bring up a good point on afternoon bites as my 300 lb tuna bite at 1 pm ( though the 305 lb tuna bit at 6 pm. ) but both my big black grouper 47 lbs and 55 lbs bit at first light I would prefer to bottom fish as early as possible.
Seemed like you were by telling me you don't see my reports and just cause you caught bigger fish than me must make you better somehow. Maybe tunas not my favorite fish so I don't target them as much as others. Anyways you proved me right with your 300lb tuna bite so thanks lol :thumleft:

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Maybe I catch bigger fish then you because I fish early :lol: We fish when we can but given my experience mornings is almost always best overall.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

fishnfool73 wrote:Maybe I catch bigger fish then you because I fish early :lol: We fish when we can but given my experience mornings is almost always best overall.
True if I could fish morning or night right now I would but as for me right now they're still biting in the afternoon lol

big red
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big red »

With the Grouper season just opened,don't worry about bringing baits. Captain most likely with make a stop on the way out to catch some Grunts for bait,it is all hand on deck for this one,and he or the the mate with throw out the net for hoos. Live bait is king for Grouper. Lots of Mutton Snapper is coming over the railing too.

jvor24
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jvor24 »

baseball4life702 wrote:
jvor24 wrote:
cantseeme47 wrote:Why why why why why why why the hours were perfect
It's because of the issues with the boat engine. They want to get out earlier to spots before other boats I work on another boat and they got to a couple of nice grouper spots before us the 1st and the 2nd.
I have never seen anyother party boat within the naked eye distance of Gulfstream, there is only one other party boat in the area anyways which is sailors choice and I hope you don't work there cuz they don't go anywhere near where gulfstream goes. So I doubt it's about beating others to spots. I would have to say chan has the best spots of any party boat captian anyways... Yes the engine is very troublesome for chan but If the boat goes slower than it used to I doubt he'd go out at all...Other people on your spots is part of fishing and if you have to change your hours because of that maybe it's time to switch profession lol

And Clarence bad,s is right near by I think its before the boat on the right hand side headed south heard good of them but I use yellow bait house always fresh solid hoo's in an ice slush cooler... I think that bad'a and yellow are like across the street from each other thou
Yes I do work for sailor's choice and we do fish some of the same spots the first and the second it was in the spot we were going to. They have been having engine problems so it would be smart to leave early to get to good spots.
Hi im jvor24 and im an addict

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Either the engine runs or it doesn't, That has nothing to do with leaving early. And your comparing a 3 times a day trip with an all day boat... more than 50% of the times I wanted to go on sailors choice cuz nothing else was available they wouldn't even go cuz they couldn't get enough people i really don't think gulfstream is competing with sailors choice lol

jvor24
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jvor24 »

Look man everyone entitled to there own opinion. I really don't care who does not agree with what I say because this is my opinion. They have ran out on one engine several times and they are our competition but it's basically 2 different types of people that fish each boat we are more designed for tourists but we do get lots of locals and regulars where as gulfstream is mostly geared towards fishermen. Some people take things too personal

jvor24
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jvor24 »

I've been working on the sailor's choice for 9 months and been fishing on it for over 5 years and they go out in weather that most won't go but as with any boat if they don't have the right number of people to go they will normally not go.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Every time I have gone but once it is a ghost town not even someone to say hey we're sorry we can't go out, (and yes I called before to make sure) I wasted gas too many times. And the one time I went had to pay extra because it was only 8 people and we went to only one spot so goddam shallow I could point out every type of fish swimming on the bottom. And he cut the trip short too citing the lack of people even though we paid that difference. I'm not calling you out so its not personal, this is before you worked there I havent been in the last 6 months but i am saying that sailors choice vs gulfstream is apples and oranges.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

When do you work? I'd be happy to have my opinion of the boat changed and return to being a loyal customer because right now I can only do 4 hour trips but I'm sick of showing up to an empty boat there.

jvor24
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jvor24 »

Like I said everyone has their opinion you entitled to yours. I have not fished the gulfstream so I can't say how it is there are some customers that fish both boats that I talk to and I am cool with. Also the gentleman that comes around measuring the fish for research he does most of the boats out here he keeps me in the loop. The trip you went on sounds like one that sucked but there are much better trips to be had. I fish the boat lots on my days off. I went out on the captain Michael once before and it was not great but I know others that do really good regularly So my one day I won't call that the capt Michael regular. We are a 4 hr trip boat so after driving and anchoring it's about 2 1/2 to 3/4 hours of fishing. It's definitely apples to oranges time wise

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

This thread looks like fun....
I have caught my biggest fish at Anglins @ 1pm and it was blistering hot I also caught some of my biggest Almacos on the sea legs afternoon trips. My biggest dolphin was caught around 3 or 4 pm.
But my biggest fish I have caught late at night....swords...
I have caught some big kings in the am.....more after 10 am. But I believe my biggest king was caught closer to noon.
Morning ...noon...night......I fish when I can but I love fishing early morning cause sometimes I fish all 3 trips!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Rare wrote:
baseball4life702 wrote: And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?
I will say....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Leadslinger wrote:
Rare wrote:
baseball4life702 wrote: And for some more proof how do top end charter captains and low end party boats take their clients out twice a day if theirs no afternoon bite?
I will say....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yea ..your meme. Its was so stupid i fell off my dinosaur lol

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Ah, you bumped your head. That explains a lot. Remember kids, wear a helmet.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Leadslinger wrote:Ah, you bumped your head. That explains a lot. Remember kids, wear a helmet.

That was a funny show I'll give you that.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I feel like going to Gulfstream Wed and @2:30 when I am done, i will go to permit fishing...
Works good for me... I hope their engine is OK

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

kblue wrote:I feel like going to Gulfstream Wed and @2:30 when I am done, i will go to permit fishing...
Works good for me... I hope their engine is OK
If chan goes to or past a wreck you need to be fishing for permit then they are all over the wrecks down there now.

seyephi
Fisher

Post by seyephi »

For anyone who has been on the Guflstream recently, are the new hours better than the old hours?

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Yes instead of leaving two hours late he leaves one hour late

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

HJared wrote:Yes instead of leaving two hours late he leaves one hour late
Hahah, good stuff. I'll probably be heading out Sunday morning. Need to wet a line and this wind is keeping the boat on the trailer.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

HJared wrote:Yes instead of leaving two hours late he leaves one hour late
:uplol: the truth has been spoken!

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

i went last week. it was pretty slow. the day before there were 5 blacks and lots of tails. day i went a guy caught a 50lb black on a yt jig and 14lb test but barely any tails and no other grouper

yesterday i heard sucked. kblue went today and said he saw only one or 2 grouper caught and 5 yellowtail. that has to be the worst day ever almost.
i gues its very hit or miss

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”