Recommendation for Miss Islamorada

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
seyephi
Fisher

Recommendation for Miss Islamorada

Post by seyephi »

Will be in Islamorada after Memorial Day and need a yeah or nay on the Miss Islamorada head boat. Anyone been on her recently?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Recommendation for Miss Islamorada

Post by baseball4life702 »

seyephi wrote:Will be in Islamorada after Memorial Day and need a yeah or nay on the Miss Islamorada head boat. Anyone been on her recently?
I tried to go summer of last year. We made reservations and were there 30-45 min early they told us and another group with reservations that they only had one spot left and had no explanation as to why they gave our reservations up let alone 30 minutes before the boat left. This was all after we had already been parked by an employee who did not tell us the bad news and parking is a nightmare.
Can't speak for what they catch but for service id give it about a negative 5. Also realitvely funny that they are not nearly as talked about as much as others specially such a well known Marina that should tell you something. I would make the drive to gulfstream in key largo or sea kings in marathon as many people can vouch for those boats.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I will never fish that boat again. Use the search feature on here for the full story. Try Robbies, Sea King or drive to Gulfstream if they are avalible.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Call before u go. I'd do gulfstream sea king is dry docked but could be good when ur here. Sea dog isn't horrible miss Islamorada sucks

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Don't do it! I've have fished this boat back when it was the miss tradewinds...it was good in the past, but now has gone to poops...last time I went, (which was about 6 or 7 yrs ago) I made reservations 3 months in advance..so long story short, I had my stern spot and limited out on tails almost immediately! The capt told me to move to the bow so that the the tourists could catch some tails..I said, hey wait a sec, I don't need to fish for tails, but I can catch kings or muttons since I had my lil brother with me and he didn't hit his limit yet.. while a regular of thiers took home like 50 tails!!I was soo pissed that I made them clean my fish and didn't tip squat! And to make matters even worse, we left like 2 hrs before time cuz we hit our boat limit"! fishing outta here with that poop! cow poop boat if u ask me

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Damn spell check! Lol...but this boat back in the day would fish for tails for about 3 hrs and then go hit the wrecks..but they suck ass now!

seyephi
Fisher

Post by seyephi »

Thanks for the feedback, guess I'll be on the Gulfstream.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Don't do it!!! Save your money you'll have better luck hitting a bridge than going on that dammm boat! It's total garbage, don't do it!!!!!! :evil:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

It seems the boats named miss have the correct spelling MISS. I would give you the same recommendation for Miss marathon. Another grunt boat.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

How does a boat that has so such bad reviews and just plain suck in the eyes of everyone so far is still operating today? Anyone wants to take a wild guess?

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Excellent online presence? I do know these boats have an annual trip to a repair marina. I seen m m down at the same marina as youri.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare wrote:How does a boat that has so such bad reviews and just plain suck in the eyes of everyone so far is still operating today? Anyone wants to take a wild guess?
DO NOT say anything "pickles" related.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Green Tide wrote:Excellent online presence? I
Waiting for my friend Mr.baseball to chime in.
Kingofthesea wrote:
DO NOT say anything "pickles" related.
[/quote]

LoL!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Rare wrote:How does a boat that has so such bad reviews and just plain suck in the eyes of everyone so far is still operating today? Anyone wants to take a wild guess?
RARE I will take Who are tourist for $500
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

marathon lady is horrible.... nvr tried miss isla..... i go on fish city in pomp and thats decent but fishing is super slow lately.... i hear good things of sea dog and sea king... and i gotta say of all the boats i have been on.... gulfstream is a real fisherman's boat.... its grungy it produces its got plenty of room in back.....i mean it has one purpose and that is to catch fish... not to mention the price and trip time is best around.... id say go gulfstream. if i lvied closer id be on that boat every week instead of the pier

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

fishnfool73 wrote:
RARE I will take Who are tourist for $500

:toast: :cheers: :toast:

seyephi
Fisher

Post by seyephi »

I've been on Gulfstream many time just wanted to try something different. But I guess I will stick with what works.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”