Gulfstream Key Largo

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
Dacdanny
Fisher

Gulfstream Key Largo

Post by Dacdanny »

Has anyone been on the Gulfstream lately? Any updates on how the fishing has been? Thx Guys.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: Gulfstream Key Largo

Post by HJared »

Grouper and mutton on fire 4 days a week. One day bust one day ok

subbie268
Fisher

Post by subbie268 »

HJared wrote:Grouper and mutton on fire 4 days a week. One day bust one day ok
What are you fishing when you go on, their stock baits they supply? vert jig?

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

pick up some fresh speedos on route

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

he sometimes has or catches speedos. a live pinfish usually gets a hit or two as well. the fresher the better. that is for grouper and bigass buttoms. for yellowtails i use their bait but i think hes been hitting the grouper and mutton spots lately. i always bring a jigging rod wherever i go now even to walmart just in case.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Anybody want to go next week? Weather looks like it should clear up around Wednesday or Thursday

subbie268
Fisher

Post by subbie268 »

HJared wrote:he sometimes has or catches speedos. a live pinfish usually gets a hit or two as well. the fresher the better. that is for grouper and bigass buttoms. for yellowtails i use their bait but i think hes been hitting the grouper and mutton spots lately. i always bring a jigging rod wherever i go now even to walmart just in case.
Thanks for answering! Appreciate it.

If we bring fresh speedos best place to get them any ideas, on the way down where they can be bought or do you all just stop and grab them?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

If by some magical chance a bait shop had them to sell you would be paying upwards of $60-$80 a dozen. You best bet is to catch them from the boat

subbie268
Fisher

Post by subbie268 »

baseball4life702 wrote:If by some magical chance a bait shop had them to sell you would be paying upwards of $60-$80 a dozen. You best bet is to catch them from the boat
Thanks man, wasn't sure appreciate the info. Never fished with them so wasn't exactly sure.

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

Good lord, with them bait prices I don't know how y'all afford to fish.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

captain bads call them and ask. you can sometimes catch em

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ilovefishing »

baseball4life702 wrote:If by some magical chance a bait shop had them to sell you would be paying upwards of $60-$80 a dozen. You best bet is to catch them from the boat

Lol at $80 a dozen for speedos

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

subbie268 wrote:
HJared wrote:he sometimes has or catches speedos. a live pinfish usually gets a hit or two as well. the fresher the better. that is for grouper and bigass buttoms. for yellowtails i use their bait but i think hes been hitting the grouper and mutton spots lately. i always bring a jigging rod wherever i go now even to walmart just in case.
Thanks for answering! Appreciate it.

If we bring fresh speedos best place to get them any ideas, on the way down where they can be bought or do you all just stop and grab them?
Bring your sabiki set up with some squid. You can catch grunt right there...

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

ilovefishing wrote:

Lol at $80 a dozen for speedos
The highest priced bait in this area. I've seen guys charge googans $100-$150 a dz... theyre killer just not worth the bread imo good thing is they like to hang in the chum line over the reefs

IceBoy
Fisher

Post by IceBoy »

I've been on there a couple times, good but not great bottom fishing, ur best luck is to yellowtail . If you bottom fish, I recommend a whole sardine or something like that, yellowtail a jig head with fresh shrimp as they don't use sand balls. If u are really into yellowtailing and have a pair of shoes to get dirty I highly recommend Bud n Mary's party boat.

Tight lines :reeling:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

IceBoy wrote:I've been on there a couple times, good but not great bottom fishing, ur best luck is to yellowtail . If you bottom fish, I recommend a whole sardine or something like that, yellowtail a jig head with fresh shrimp as they don't use sand balls. If u are really into yellowtailing and have a pair of shoes to get dirty I highly recommend Bud n Mary's party boat.

Tight lines :reeling:
Um :scratch: Gulfstream definitely uses sandballs, they are known for it and why they are so much better than other party boats including bud n Mary's boat the miss islamorada which is a tourist driven boat, they are notorious for giving away spots and coming in early.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Yea what iceman said he knows gulfstream sucks don't go on that boat. I just went on it. It's crowded they arent friendly and fluff the mate will make you cry ;)

IceBoy
Fisher

Post by IceBoy »

HJared wrote:Yea what iceman said he knows gulfstream sucks don't go on that boat. I just went on it. It's crowded they arent friendly and fluff the mate will make you cry ;)
Yeah but you have to admit he can be a little funny at times if hes in a good mood :biglaugh:

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”