Yankee Capts July 2016 Trip - reservations

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Yankee Capts July 2016 Trip - reservations

Post by cudaman »

Not a problem Sehoon and Dolf

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

cudaman wrote:Not a problem Sehoon and Dolf
Thanks Herb!! :thumleft:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Thanx for the good spot herb
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Dolfandang wrote:Please add me to wait list!
Give us a little intro- Welcome

You might be a fins fan- but im just guessing here....

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

gdm phil wrote:Thanx for the good spot herb
You're welcome Captain

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

OK, everyone is back on board, only time and money will tell. The waiting is long but everyone knows what to bring and do. The newcomers that might hop on board just watch the thread and be ready. I will make announcements as we go. I will look for sponsors as I did before. With one year to go this should be much better as far as prizes and will definitively have give many ways.

Rail # Fisherman Bunk #
31 ART… Hoogan… M30… Confirmed
30 JARED… Hjared… T32… Confirmed
29 NILSON… rare… B42… Confirmed
28 BILL… BNZ… T41… Confirmed
27 VICTOR… keepinitreel… B13… Confirmed
26 Phil… gdm phil… T32... Confirmed
25 HERBERT… cudaman… B24… Confirmed
23 JONGSOO… kblue… B35… Confirmed
21 WILLIAM… jiggingplus… T34… Confirmed
19 QUY… quyvan… B23… Confirmed
17 RORY… PhishingPhanatic… B17… Confirmed
16 ANDRE… Dredale… B23… Confirmed
14 IMRAN… ilovefishing… M27… Confirmed
12 DANNY… Leadslinger… B15… Confirmed
11 PATRICK… crashmister… M30… Confirmed
10 CHRISTIAN… Miami_Chris… M37… Confirmed
9 ROBERT… ffishermen1… B40… Confirmed
8 CHRIS… fishingfool73… B33… Confirmed

Wait list
1- Ed… fasted1500…
2- Adam… EnglishAdam
3- lite-liner360…
4- Osage360…
5- surfcowboy360…
4- sepaik…
6- Victor360…
7- Dolfandang …

No worries on the waiting list, last time one of the ones at the bottom got on the boat because no one responded :toast:

Dolfandang
Fisher

Post by Dolfandang »

Rare wrote:

Hello my name is Daniel, and yes I do love the Dolphins. I've been fishing hard for the past year or so. My buddy Sehoon got me hooked on vertical jigging the first time he invited me out to fish with him on the old Sea Leggs III. I have learned a lot since then but still wish to learn a lot more. I am a regular fisher on Kelley Fleet. Enjoy both day and night fishing with the good people there. I did a Yankee Capt trip last month with Anglers Bait. Loved the trip and caught quality fish. Dream about getting back out on a trip like that again.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Dolfandang

Welcome to the forum!!!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Dolfandang wrote:
Rare wrote:

Hello my name is Daniel, and yes I do love the Dolphins. I've been fishing hard for the past year or so. My buddy Sehoon got me hooked on vertical jigging the first time he invited me out to fish with him on the old Sea Leggs III. I have learned a lot since then but still wish to learn a lot more. I am a regular fisher on Kelley Fleet. Enjoy both day and night fishing with the good people there. I did a Yankee Capt trip last month with Anglers Bait. Loved the trip and caught quality fish. Dream about getting back out on a trip like that again.
Welcome to the forum, you have passed the screening with Sehoon vouching for you. :toast:

YankeeCapts
Weekend Warrior

Post by YankeeCapts »

Questions? Thought? Concerns? Improvements?

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Capt. If possible on our way to PR is there a spot along the way that we can dfit for big muttons?

If capt says yes, we will need a vote. Sorry guys, I'm a sucker for them pink ladies. :biglaugh: I'm sure others wouldn't mind them big 12lb to 20lb pinks in their box

dredale7
Fisher

Post by dredale7 »

Leaving at 6 p.m. versus 8 p.m. was cool because of the potential early morning mutton bite.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

This is just my thought about avoiding tangles...

First, no one want to create line tangles ton others but without some rule to follow, it is just hard to avoid it.
And some tangle is obviously avoidable...
Perhaps, we can divide three groups depending on type of fishing and the weight of sinker.

Group 1. Bottom lite (for example, 8 oz or less)
Group 2. Vertical Jigging (200~300g)
Group 3. Bottom heavy ( ex. 16 or 24 oz), chicken rig.

And something like this...
Group 1 will fish at the end of current. For example, if current flows from bow to stern. Group 1 fish at stern and let most line out.
Group 3 will fish at the begging of current, In same example, Group 3 fish at bow and let least line out.
Group 2 will be fish between Group 1 and 3.

In order to minimize tangle, we have to move around pro actively.
Toward the end of PR trip, I actually observed we were moving around each other to minimize tangle...

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Rare wrote:I will also like to add a few things to make tangles less and anyone bring bait, food, water, and common courtesy etc.

From what Bill wrote and what i saw as well-To all the guys jigging or coming to jig please make sure your reels has the right amount of drag to bring the fish up. Point the rod down and reel that fish up if you have one of these bendos lite rods. This will insure that we have less tangles as you are bring up the fish. The fish that will cause these issue are your AJ, Almanco (any jacks) and tunas- and beloved tunny. Also, the amount of hooks on a jig. Help the mates out with not having 4+ hooks in a jig. I saw plenty of snagging on fish with that 4 assist hooks. For god sake look at Herb smallest fish he caught and the fish hit that jig.

Dry Ice is your best friend out there with the high 90's. Most Publix supermarket sells dry ice. There is a few ways of doing it and this is what i did. First protect your cooler inside base and never add the dry ice to the bottom of your cooler as you made end up cracking the bottom of the cooler. Add a styrofoam, eggcrate, etc (what i used). This will keep it from making contact with the dry ice. I had a 50qt + cooler so I added 2 slabs of dry ice side by side in the cooler & left it inside the bag that it came with. Now, add ice all around the dry ice so not to make contact with the cooler. The ice surrounding the dry ice will give you that cushion. Now you can add another thin styrofoam on top and add ice then your bait then ice. On Sunday returning home from our trip, my bait cooler still had fresh bait frozen in a block of ice. I literally had to pull this chuck on ice frozen together out of the cooler and gave it to another guy that didnt mind taking bait home. Other ways is having the dry ice sit on top and not the bottom. I just didnt want to mess with taking it out and moving it around as i was getting bait. This will work great for food/drink cooler as well. You can make it an all out dry ice ($$$$) or same method above. All you need is for the dry ice not to make contact with your bait, cooler, food etc.

Common Courtesy

Some of us will be taking a break and others will be still fishing. I like the assigned numbers for one reason. If im taken a break, eating etc & you want to fish my number it's fine with me. Move my rod out the way & put it in the same way you found it. If i come out let me go back to my spot just give some fishing room. If you move the rod put it on another spot the same way you found it. I loop my lead around the pool noodle so its not bouncing around to either knocking someone on the head or banging on the boat. I also stick my hook into the noodle or on guide foot of the rod. I found my rod moved and the lead swing around and that pissed me off. If you move it take care of it as if its your rod and put it the same way you found it. If you didnt move it and find a lead swing around dont be a freaking @ss when you see something like that and secured the damn thing. If you cant do either then dont touch anyone's damn rod. Plenty of times i walked around and saw jigs with the hooks in the insert guide and not at the foot and i moved it or a lead stinker moving freely and i secured it.
Only part of this I disagree with is if you leave the rail you rod goes with you. Never leave your rod sticking out of a rail spot if your not attending it. Especially if everyone is fishing that side of the boat. It's just in everybody's way. Very inconsiderate.
However I do agree you need to secure your Riggs.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Sorry Pat that just doesn't make any sense to me. This isn't a full trip and that shouldn't be a problem moving around .So, are you saying if I'm taking a leak or we are moving to another spot 20 mins away we should all move our rod out? What happens if we are moving to another spot a few guys end up in the sleeping zone by mistake even if they were planning on fishing. Should now we all move our rods just in case someone falls asleep by mistake when we are moving?

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

your rod aint acid wrapped so its trash
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

His rod is wrapped in acid. Don't touch it unless u wana start trippin!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

no bait for me this trip, I will jig till I run out of vicodin
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Rare wrote:Sorry Pat that just doesn't make any sense to me. This isn't a full trip and that shouldn't be a problem moving around .So, are you saying if I'm taking a leak or we are moving to another spot 20 mins away we should all move our rod out? What happens if we are moving to another spot a few guys end up in the sleeping zone by mistake even if they were planning on fishing. Should now we all move our rods just in case someone falls asleep by mistake when we are moving?
I saw more than a few fish lost as guys tried to fight around dead sticks left in holders. Captain kept yelling to move rods off the rails if you weren't fishing. I was as guilty as others at times but if I went to sleep my rod was upstairs. You guys on the bow have no excuses as you have rod holders right behind you. Tangles were off the chart and cost people fish as well. Never understood why when the boat is drifting people don't fish the slide West Coast style causes far less tangles and lost fish.

It is funny how the biggest poop talker on this trip wasn't even on it. :nopity:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i know thank you thank you :cheers:
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

fishnfool73 wrote: It is funny how the biggest poop talker on this trip wasn't even on it. :nopity:
gruntking wrote:i know thank you thank you :cheers:
LOL... :uplol:

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

When there was 6 of us fishing, rods were lined up and down the rail unattended. They got moved when people were hooking up helping each other out. I doubt anyone meant to mess up anyone else's gear.

With that said, the handle on one the reels I didn't even use ended up bent side ways. Who knows how that happened as it never left the top deck and I didn't notice until taking it down the last day of the trip.

The most frustrating tangle was when everyone was bringing up stud queens, and I hook into a nice fish and end up in a spaghettibowl of a tangle with about 5 other people. That awesome bite came and went while I was tangled up. I guess thats just part of head boat fishing.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Also, next time high hook should include all species of grouper/snapper instead of just muttons/all species of grouper. The variety of different snappers/groupers is awesome. Just a suggestion.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Just a suggestion that I am sure won't fly. All those jigging go to the front of the boat. All baiters froms pots 15-18 back to stern. As baiters reel up you go to the farthest spot from the drift and redrop that was guys aren't dropping in the middle of the guys down current of them. It is like the congo line on the Keys tails boats. If we can free line 30 live sardines and not get a lot of none fish tangles on the long range trips no reason it won't work here just requires a little more effort but well worth it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Listen, it simple or at least i yhought it was. Someone wants to move a rod to fish the that spot on my assigned number fine no issues what so ever. I said I had no problems if I went to get bfast ot lunch etc. Leak a dump and you want to fish my spot go ahead just put it the same way you found it. Our tangles in the front came from not enough pressure being put on the fish or control of the fish. It wasn't that bad only 2 big tangles that I know of. I was in 1 of the tangles. Not a problem....

No one that I know had any issues where we were fishing. I can flip to fish the other side in the heart beat and we did well moving when needed. Again, my issues was simple, put it the same way you found it not having lead swing around. Takr care of it like its your rod. Cant do neither, dont touch. The dead rods were capt. was yelling that I know of was someone fishing 2 rods and was one reason of the big tangle.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Guys it is easy

All this bla bla

Think back what WetWillie tolds us onece upon a time.

Just take a damn helium balloon and fisch 5' above the water. No tangles - make sense?
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

I was the schmuck in the middle of the boat got caught up in tangles from folks in the front getting caught on people in the back and vice versa...then there was the tanglemageddon to end all tangles...with the orange yellow and blue braid it was like a treasure troll hair party.

Heck there were times I'd bring up a fish and be tangled, the other line would have a fish on but no one realized they were not tending bottom or spoke up. Thanks for the extra black fin snappers!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Leadslinger wrote: Thanks for the extra black fin snappers!
Lmfao!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Listen, it simple or at least i yhought it was. Someone wants to move a rod to fish the that spot on my assigned number fine no issues what so ever. I said I had no problems if I went to get bfast ot lunch etc. Leak a dump and you want to fish my spot go ahead just put it the same way you found it. Our tangles in the front came from not enough pressure being put on the fish or control of the fish. It wasn't that bad only 2 big tangles that I know of. I was in 1 of the tangles. Not a problem....

No one that I know had any issues where we were fishing. I can flip to fish the other side in the heart beat and we did well moving when needed. Again, my issues was simple, put it the same way you found it not having lead swing around. Takr care of it like its your rod. Cant do neither, dont touch. The dead rods were capt. was yelling that I know of was someone fishing 2 rods and was one reason of the big tangle.

Your bow spot was too popular...everyone jumps in there whenever available.
So your frustration is understandable.
Nobody cares of my spot, nor do I...lol
I was moving around here and there.

Biggest issue at bow was me not closing your bait cooler...got yelled more than 10 times but kept forgetting...
Next time, I will fix your cooler...lol

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

im just saying but if you anchored the tangles wouldnt be as bad but what the hell do i know
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”