Yankee Capts July 2016 Trip - reservations

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Yankee Capts July 2016 Trip - reservations

Post by cudaman »

Alright people! It's time to start planning for the next one! :D

The date will be July 7th to July 10th 2016. Serious answers please. Sorry if you cannot make it, but there are too many ifs and I am not able to accommodate everyone, wish I could. No worries, once this trip is done and we are back with results we can plan another. You will regret not fishing on this trip.

The Cost is $565 per person. Capped at 18. This is an awesome price!
Don't forget to save for the tip 15% to 20% is good, you can expect very hard working mates that do not fish during the trip.

I will need your deposits by October 23rd 2015. Deposit is $300 the rest I will need it by June 17th 2016. You can pay the trip in full if you wish to do so.

PM on this site is very limited so please email me at the email below for my paypal information or we can arrange to meet on the weekend at Anglins pier. I can talk to Tom to see if he can help out by holding some people's deposits. Paypal gift please if not then add 3%. Please ensure to write your name, spot preferred, and bunk preferred. First Come First serve. You pay deposit first, you choose first. Once all that say that will go have paid deposits, I will open the trip to others.

mullerherbert

@

hot mail.com

I understand that sometime people have emergencies and might need to cancel. I will allow cancellations until May 30th. This will give me time to look for a replacement. If you need to cancel after May then you will need to find your own replacement or you will loose your deposit.

Plan A: Where? Pulley Ridge, grouper fishing, snapper and Tuna hunting, this is not a deep drop trip.
Plan B: If winds do not cooperate during that week we will fish in Dry Tortugas

If by now some have not gotten it yet:
This is just like any Party Boat drifting; Using less than 10 ounces with bait. Braid is best to drift. Need at least 300 yards of 50lb braid or 60lb braid.
If you want to vertical jig like I will, this is an amazing opportunity to do so. I will also bait fish.
There are no big rocks or wholes for the grouper to rock you. If I am not mistaken, it's mostly limestone plains and sandy bottom.
There are plenty quality fish here and all will get a chance at some trophy fish.
Sharks and yellow tails are not a problem here. So if you get a bite bring it in with confidence.

Here is additional info:
The boat has gear rentals for $20, the hooks and leader are free to use while on the trip (Shimano 20/40 TLD reel with a 8 foot mutton rod filled with 50 lb. High Seas mono)

By the way the boat has AC and the head is by the transom on both sides behind the Galley. One of them has a shower.
If you do not like heat, you can fish during the night and sleep at noon's hot hour.
You do not have to worry about the heat so much. Just make sure you hydrate and drink less beer.
You can bring your 100 qt coolers and fill them with ice for your drinks and extra food. You can bring a bait cooler. The boat provides squid.
Here is the boat food menu (we can purchase meal tickets only if all will get them) http://www.yankeecapts.com/galley.php

1.) Gear? A heavy mutton rod works fine. Pier rods, bridge rods will work. Reels with low 4:1 gear are great 6:1 gear will also work but are not best. Look here for additional recommendations:

Minimum Gear
- 2 bottom rods and 1 top water rod would be the minimum you should take.
- 25 of each: 3/0, 5/0, 7/0 hooks
- file to sharpen hooks
- Wire for Kingfish rigs (to catch tunas or wahoo at night)
- 20 #1 Barrel Swivels
- 30 lb. And 50 lb Leader material
- 10 each 8 ounce and 10 ounce egg sinkers
- 2 12 ounce and two 16 ounce bank sinkers

Look for more at the Yankee Capts site: http://www.yankeecapts.com/tackle.php
Fishingfool recommends to read: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8540&start=160&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=florida+fish+finder+forum+trip
My blogs has some recommendations also but I usually overdo it so cut amounts in half. http://cudamanadventures.com/fishing-in ... ugestions/

2.) I recommend you sleep on the way out, in between moves, right after the morning bite until noon hours, and on the way back.

3.) Bait, any oily bait will work, as PhishingPhanatic suggested fresh bait is key, no need for gogs, but it's always good to bring some. Kingfish and macks store well in the freezer (wrap them in cellophane). They work great.

4.) Trolling is allowed, but the boat will not stop for dinks. I suggest the biggest and strongest reel you may have.

Here is the Boat Lay out. First Come First serve.

Only spots not available are #30 and #29

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Re: Yankee Capts July 2016 Trip - reservations

Post by Leadslinger »

Go ahead and put me on the list. Got some big expenses coming, but I'm in.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Herb, I'm in- spot #30 B42

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

I'm in spot 29 or 30. Price went up?

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Im in as well, spot 8 9 or 10 works for me. Whatever is open

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Hell no Jared go back a few spots from me. Herb and Art got them spots. I can only take so many colors with your outfits :P

As for price....we got a great price last time and still a great price now. Fuel doesn't come cheap and cost of living either.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

HJared wrote:I'm in spot 29 or 30. Price went up?
Dude this whole time we have been fishing together I had NO clue you were in the site... I may need to make a big effort to get on this one... It will involve getting some gear since this isn't normally my cup of tea...

-Swordfish

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

In reserve me
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Sending Paypal Herb. Considering likely conditions, lets not book specific "spots". Lets book 18 people to fish the boat. Meaning this trip is different in terms of spots. We have a pretty good idea how the boat drifts, with Gregs help, and no specific locations assigned, EVERYBODY works the drift in rotation. Helps limit tangles and lost fishing time and tackle. Only takes a few of us to get it started, couple drifts later, its automatic.

What do you guys think?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Ok, I am keeping you guys in the same rail number you had on the trip before. Please let me know what bunk number you want so we can board the boat and not have to wait on anyone. If anyone will not go then those spots becomes available. As we start fishing we will be rotating as we did on the last trip.

Phil so far you are on rail #26

Yes the rate went up just a tad bit, but we are still at a great deal here.

Fishingfool, can't wait to read what ideas you got bro.
Last edited by cudaman on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

crashmister wrote:Sending Paypal Herb. Considering likely conditions, lets not book specific "spots". Lets book 18 people to fish the boat. Meaning this trip is different in terms of spots. We have a pretty good idea how the boat drifts, with Gregs help, and no specific locations assigned, EVERYBODY works the drift in rotation. Helps limit tangles and lost fishing time and tackle. Only takes a few of us to get it started, couple drifts later, its automatic.

What do you guys think?

You know what, this sounds like a great idea, but just for loading and reserving purposes, we'll assign spots at the beginning. You all know the drill, jiggers will move out the way of baiters and people take naps so we will be moving around anyways, Pat is right.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

crashmister wrote:Sending Paypal Herb. Considering likely conditions, lets not book specific "spots". Lets book 18 people to fish the boat. Meaning this trip is different in terms of spots. We have a pretty good idea how the boat drifts, with Gregs help, and no specific locations assigned, EVERYBODY works the drift in rotation. Helps limit tangles and lost fishing time and tackle. Only takes a few of us to get it started, couple drifts later, its automatic.

What do you guys think?

This is pretty much what happened last time. If its mostly the same crew, I think tangles will be cut down quite a bit.You can also fish where ever you want when everyone is sleeping :dude:

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

I will take bunk M37 please.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

wait are yall plaining another pr trip already or am i just really on these cookies
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

No worries you'll fish up there we will be rotating just like we did before. The boat is big enough.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Yes Sir, we started planing the next before we got off the boat.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I am in for spot 8 bunk b33
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ilovefishing »

put me as close to stern as possible, and i would like a middle bunk, dont want to hit my head anymore lol

:reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

Count me in

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

swordfish wrote:
Dude this whole time we have been fishing together I had NO clue you were in the site... I may need to make a big effort to get on this one... It will involve getting some gear since this isn't normally my cup of tea...

-Swordfish
We been fishing together?

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Rare wrote:Hell no Jared go back a few spots from me. Herb and Art got them spots. I can only take so many colors with your outfits :P

As for price....we got a great price last time and still a great price now. Fuel doesn't come cheap and cost of living either.
Then I'll take 31 if that's OK with you?

Just make sure Miguel isn't next to me.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

im not to keen on spot picking so can someone pick mine please lol
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

adittiolly I will have some upgrades before the trip ;0)
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

To me it makes sense to stay loyal to those that took a chance on this first trip. Give the guys that were on this years trip a chance to sign up first before opening it up to new people. (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

fishnfool73 wrote:To me it makes sense to stay loyal to those that took a chance on this first trip. Give the guys that were on this years trip a chance to sign up first before opening it up to new people. (tommy

I agreed & they should get first dibs! Well we all know 1 is not going already so (tommy

(tommy

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

fishnfool73 wrote:To me it makes sense to stay loyal to those that took a chance on this first trip. Give the guys that were on this years trip a chance to sign up first before opening it up to new people. (tommy
That is correct, I will not open it until we know from everyone that was on the trip, except that one person that is not invited for his own good.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I will take spot10 B35...

fasted1500
Weekend Warrior

Post by fasted1500 »

I am in. Bunk (B23) Please

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

kblue wrote:I will take spot10 B35...
cudaman wrote:Ok, I am keeping you guys in the same rail number you had on the trip before. Please let me know what bunk number you want so we can board the boat and not have to wait on anyone. If anyone will not go then those spots becomes available. As we start fishing we will be rotating as we did on the last trip.
OK Cudaman

I am cool with my previous spot. (not spot 10).

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I will also like to add a few things to make tangles less and anyone bring bait, food, water, and common courtesy etc.

From what Bill wrote and what i saw as well-To all the guys jigging or coming to jig please make sure your reels has the right amount of drag to bring the fish up. Point the rod down and reel that fish up if you have one of these bendos lite rods. This will insure that we have less tangles as you are bring up the fish. The fish that will cause these issue are your AJ, Almanco (any jacks) and tunas- and beloved tunny. Also, the amount of hooks on a jig. Help the mates out with not having 4+ hooks in a jig. I saw plenty of snagging on fish with that 4 assist hooks. For god sake look at Herb smallest fish he caught and the fish hit that jig.

Dry Ice is your best friend out there with the high 90's. Most Publix supermarket sells dry ice. There is a few ways of doing it and this is what i did. First protect your cooler inside base and never add the dry ice to the bottom of your cooler as you made end up cracking the bottom of the cooler. Add a styrofoam, eggcrate, etc (what i used). This will keep it from making contact with the dry ice. I had a 50qt + cooler so I added 2 slabs of dry ice side by side in the cooler & left it inside the bag that it came with. Now, add ice all around the dry ice so not to make contact with the cooler. The ice surrounding the dry ice will give you that cushion. Now you can add another thin styrofoam on top and add ice then your bait then ice. On Sunday returning home from our trip, my bait cooler still had fresh bait frozen in a block of ice. I literally had to pull this chuck on ice frozen together out of the cooler and gave it to another guy that didnt mind taking bait home. Other ways is having the dry ice sit on top and not the bottom. I just didnt want to mess with taking it out and moving it around as i was getting bait. This will work great for food/drink cooler as well. You can make it an all out dry ice ($$$$) or same method above. All you need is for the dry ice not to make contact with your bait, cooler, food etc.

Common Courtesy

Some of us will be taking a break and others will be still fishing. I like the assigned numbers for one reason. If im taken a break, eating etc & you want to fish my number it's fine with me. Move my rod out the way & put it in the same way you found it. If i come out let me go back to my spot just give some fishing room. If you move the rod put it on another spot the same way you found it. I loop my lead around the pool noodle so its not bouncing around to either knocking someone on the head or banging on the boat. I also stick my hook into the noodle or on guide foot of the rod. I found my rod moved and the lead swing around and that pissed me off. If you move it take care of it as if its your rod and put it the same way you found it. If you didnt move it and find a lead swing around dont be a freaking @ss when you see something like that and secured the damn thing. If you cant do either then dont touch anyone's damn rod. Plenty of times i walked around and saw jigs with the hooks in the insert guide and not at the foot and i moved it or a lead stinker moving freely and i secured it.
Last edited by Rare on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”