Whiting Recipes

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Whiting Recipes

Post by Bi0tic »

Any suggestions for whiting other than fried or blackened?

I have been eating a lot of these guys recently and would like to know if anyone has anything else to suggest.

Thanks!
I want to Believe

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Whiting Recipes

Post by fishnfool73 »

Mild, light, and firm don't overpower whiting. Simple breadcrumbs, Italian crumbs, or my favorite rolled in crumbled up Ritz crackers. Some salt and pepper and sqqueeze of fresh lemon and you are in business. Baked or fried is the way to go.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

Good ideas so far. The Ritz crackers idea sounds good, def give that a try tomorrow :toast:
I want to Believe

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

They make a GREAT Ceviche !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Dre'
Fisher

Post by Dre' »

My wifes aunt cooked a fresh batch of whiting as soon as it was cleaned. She is from Jamaica and showed me how to cook it up with tomatoes and onions.

First season the fish with your favorite seasoning salt. I use adobo and black pepper. I then take a frying pan and then fry the fish on both sides but not all the way through. Take the fish out the pan, pour off the oil and add sliced onions and chopped tomatoes. You would want to season the veggies with a little more seasoning and once it has caramelized add some water. Make sure it is seasoned to taste and also add a little ketchup, as this will enhance the flavor. Now pour off the mixture and add the fish back to the fryer and then pour the mixture on top of the fish. Add a lid and simmer . In the mean time cook some white rice. You can take the rice and add fish to the side of it putting a little of the juice over the fish and on the rice.

I always believed fried fish was the best untill I had this dish. Hope I wasnt too confusing. Enjoy! :chef:

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”