Cero Mackerel in the Oven

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Cero Mackerel in the Oven

Post by Miamipescador »

Just had this and it came out great, so thought i would share.

You can pretty much use any fish for this recipe, usually the more fat the fish has the jucier it will come out and the less work you gotta do.

Start off with your fish of choice, mine was a 25" 5 lb 10 oz cero mackerel.

Fillet both sides of the fish, remove rib bones, and the spinal bones until you no longer feel them. Leave the skin on.

I like to season my fish with lemon the same day im going to eat it, usually about an hour or so before since the lemon can and will cook the fish.
Besides lemon, add some black pepper, salt, chop an onion and a couple cloves of garlic and put those over the fish.

The fish should look like this in the baking tray.

Add enough aluminum foil to cover the tray and add a couple caps of oil to keep the fish from sticking.

I cooked my fish on 375 degrees for about 40 minutes then lowered the temperature to 350 then 325. You can cook it at a higher temperature but i prefer it like this.
The trick to keeping the fish moist is to every 15-20 minutes put something moist over it. I usually like to melt half a stick of butter and mix that with a lime or 2 and put some of that over the fish. Gives the fish a great taste and those onions come out so good.

Well anyways enough talking.. heres the finished product.

:dude:

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Re: Cero Mackerel in the Oven

Post by sepaik »

That looks awesome brotha! :toast:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”