yellow jack?

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
Eman305
Weekend Warrior

yellow jack?

Post by Eman305 »

How do they taste, is it bloody, is it tough/ oily, keeper or throw it back

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: yellow jack?

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

They are horrible. Please let me know when you have a bunch of them and I'll throw them away for you.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:They are horrible. Please let me know when you have a bunch of them and I'll throw them away for you.
hahahahaha...I think this might mean that you should read a little between the lines here. Sorry PhishingPhanatic, I gotta tell the guy...it's the Crevalle Jack's that are not keeper's (though there are a contingency of people out there who eat them, and Blue Runners, and Ribbon Fish, and Mullets, and...on and on). The Yellow Jack's are supposed to be really really good. I have never had them but I have seen on this thread some people rave about them and how good they are. How they differ from the icky yucky bigger Jack Crevalle I don't know...
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Yes, yellow jacks are excellent. Firm, mild white meat, not strong tasting at all. Make awesome sushi.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:They are horrible. Please let me know when you have a bunch of them and I'll throw them away for you.
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: Your bad PP haha :uplol: :uplol: :uplol:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Eman305
Weekend Warrior

Post by Eman305 »

Lol yea, can't read these forums if you dont read sarcasm. That sucks that their good cause I caught some but used them for bait cause I didn't know if they were worth it, the meat seemed ok but since I don't keep much of the fish I catch I wasn't sure . Defenitly gonna try it on the bbq next time I catch one of those bad boys or is it better just to filet those

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Eman305 wrote:Lol yea, can't read these forums if you dont read sarcasm. That sucks that their good cause I caught some but used them for bait cause I didn't know if they were worth it, the meat seemed ok but since I don't keep much of the fish I catch I wasn't sure . Defenitly gonna try it on the bbq next time I catch one of those bad boys or is it better just to filet those
:shock: :shock: :shock: Now you will have haters....
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

I fillet them, but I fillet 99% of the fish that I keep.

mackadaysmoker
Weekend Warrior

Post by mackadaysmoker »

Fillet them take out middle portion of darker meat. One of my favorites, very tasty.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

One of my personal favorites

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Ain't nothing wrong with some tryed mullet sandwhiches one of my favorites
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN