Miami Beach 2009 -19-11-12-13 Surf Fishing Reports only

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Miami Beach 2009 -19-11-12-13 Surf Fishing Reports only

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

This is for all of Miami Beach North and South, I would suggest that you do not say exactly where you are fishing unless you don't mind people coming fishing.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Miami Beach 2009 - Sorf Fishing Reports only

Post by fixed80 »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Miami Beach 2009 - Sorf Fishing Reports only
typo :biglaugh:

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Miami Beach 2009 - Surf Fishing Reports only

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I meant it to say Smurf fishing :smurf:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

was at the beach yesterday (wasnt fishing) and saw massive schools of bait up and down the beach. birds diving for as far as you could see down the beach.

had a couple huge schools of whitebaits swim through and literally bump into us while in the water. pretty cool to see.

never fished the surf off miami beach before, thinking about trying it out. any tips for those who have done so?/

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Miami_Chris wrote:was at the beach yesterday (wasnt fishing) and saw massive schools of bait up and down the beach. birds diving for as far as you could see down the beach.

had a couple huge schools of whitebaits swim through and literally bump into us while in the water. pretty cool to see.

never fished the surf off miami beach before, thinking about trying it out. any tips for those who have done so?/
I was there last night, and let me tell you there is only one word to describe it. NOTHING. The water was too warm and I got there around 7PM. That is why I think nothing was bitting. I did get to meet for the first time sand fleas. Cool little creatures.

Alex07
KING MACKEREL

Post by Alex07 »

cybereagle wrote:I was there last night, and let me tell you there is only one word to describe it. NOTHING. The water was too warm and I got there around 7PM. That is why I think nothing was bitting. I did get to meet for the first time sand fleas. Cool little creatures.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Alex07 wrote:
cybereagle wrote:I was there last night, and let me tell you there is only one word to describe it. NOTHING. The water was too warm and I got there around 7PM. That is why I think nothing was bitting. I did get to meet for the first time sand fleas. Cool little creatures.
Thanks for the picture :thumleft:

regulator70
Seasoned Fisher

Post by regulator70 »

whats the name of the area across from the cruise port? they use to have drift boats docked there and a helicopter ride. i think theres a zoo on the same road. i use to catch senates with spoons and gotcha plugs.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

been hanging at the beach alot the past couple weeks., and the beach has been full of life. tons of bait on most days, and something was crashing a huge school of bait just past the sand bar this morning.

i need to get out there, but cant bring myself to wake up so early.

rigotech
Fisher

Re: Miami Beach 2009 - 2010 Surf Fishing Reports only

Post by rigotech »

I went fishing weeks ago and caught a small snapper and im now hooked
just got a 10' rod and i was thinking of fishing right there on the beach south beach or north.

for the first time fisherman newb what should i take with me to be dam ready
my cusin is willing to go.

i have a license but is it legal to fish from the beach with people swimming near by?

should I take a casting net?
join my group on facebook: http://www.rigotech.net/fishing/forums

on light line 6969
Seasoned Fisher

Post by on light line 6969 »

rigo- you cant fish from the beach while there are bathers in the water,the life guard will run you off but you can move out on the rocks carefuly and fish past them,yes i would take a castnet ,if you can get fresh bait do it,its always better to have what they are hitting. :happyfisherman:

andrew1jsc
Fisher

Post by andrew1jsc »

Miami_Chris wrote:was at the beach yesterday (wasnt fishing) and saw massive schools of bait up and down the beach. birds diving for as far as you could see down the beach.

i highly suggest you dont fish on the beach because you might catch this, a slot size snook :mrgreen:

we also catch tons of jack and blue fish by the dozen :reeling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

nice snook man

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

andrew1jsc wrote:

i highly suggest you dont fish on the beach because you might catch this, a slot size snook :mrgreen:

we also catch tons of jack and blue fish by the dozen :reeling:
nice 19 in. snook man keep killing them!
GET THAT!

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

that snook does not look slot at all idk about you guys but it doesnt look nowhere over 28 in.
GET THAT!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

im gonna have to agree with jetty. why would u say its 19" if ur not sure? there is absolutely no way u can tell if its slot or not. plus, he did say it was, so....therefore, we would have to take his word for it. i dont think he would post a pic on here that wasnt unless he just didnt care. if it is under the slot limit, then he cheated himself and risks the chance in the future of getting caught.

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Roughly estimating from the photo, the fish is about two and a half times the length of the man. At 19 inches, that would make him just under 4 feet tall. A 28 inch fish would make him five foot ten. I think the latter more likely than the former.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Baitfish, that is quite a forensic analysis of that there linesider. It is a tough one to call, however given that he posted his pic AND he called it slot, Id have to say it is. Hell, after being in a cooler all night they tend to get beat up to the point where a slot fish looks a lot smaller, I can attest to this! Also, the vantage point of the photograph supports the theory! Regardless and in an attempt to get the post back on track, OP, read the fishing guides here, that way you are always prepared! I promise the early rise will make it worth your while! You will see things few get to see as well as a sunrise!!!

-swordfish

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

I immediately thought this fish looked small, but sometimes photos don't tell the truth, so I decided to do a little checking. Here's what I found.

Judge for yourself!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

LMMFAO!!!!! WELL, LIKE I SAID EARLIER...IM NOT GONNA JUDGE ON SOMETHING I AM NOT SURE ON...IF HE SAID ITS SLOT, THEN I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT..BUT, IF ITS NOT, THEN I GUESS HE'S JUST PLAIN OL' DUMB(OR, EXCUSE MY FRENCH, DONT GIVE A fishing) TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS UP. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE BREAKING THE LAWS, BUT IF I AM NOT SURE, IM NOT GONNA ASSUME! GOOD DAY!

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

cvstrat.. actually.. that was really cool and inspired me to do my own math, but, having been a professional photographer for over 12 years, I can say that the right hand and the fish are not in the same plane, the fish is at least 6 inches back, which will affect the measurement, after measuring my own hand, I have small hands for a guy my size and its 4.3 inches, and my dainty, wife who usually (when not pregnant) weighs about 105lbs, her hand is 3.7inches. now.. if the guy is median, he would be around 4 inches flat, that being said and using the left 4 fingers which are holding the fish.. it puts the fish at around 30-32 inches.. and for me that's close enough.. now if it is undersized.. this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed... but I am not condoning it if it is undersized, just trying to be fair that's all.

Charles

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

rob762 wrote:Charles, I agree with you. My photoshop measurements show a 10x ratio between the hand and fish.

The folks that matter DO have forensic software that can measure it exactly. My guess is a 30" fish, maybe 31.
Thanks Rob.. that was my guess as well, as I used photoshop and measured from the fork in the tail.. maybe this guy measured whole fish?? either way.. not a good idea to post..LOL

Charles

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

BOATS.HOES wrote:that snook does not look slot at all idk about you guys but it doesnt look nowhere over 28 in.

unless that guy is 6'5 that snook aint slot
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

gruntking wrote:
BOATS.HOES wrote:that snook does not look slot at all idk about you guys but it doesnt look nowhere over 28 in.

unless that guy is 6'5 that snook aint slot

If this guy is at least 5' 10" (no asian jokes please) put the guy's arm down and its over half the size of his body... that would be 35" and an overslot... I'm telling you as someone who has studied photographs for law enforcement... the snook is anywhere from 29-31 inches, unless this guy is 5' flat. I wish this dude would just come out and frickin tell us his height.. it would all be over then.. LOL

Charles

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

no way bro Image
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

gruntking wrote:no way bro Image
Well, you know what they say.... Just playing man, either way, I need to know the guys height to make an accurate assessment

Return to “Dade County”