Bridge Fishing

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
Jules89
Fisher

Bridge Fishing

Post by Jules89 »

Today me and a buddy of mine fished along the sides of the 36th st bridge. We caught nothing as we got there well after the tide dropped.

One eventful thing was we got stuck in a ditch that was filled with grass... Was hell getting my 97 camry out of there!

Next Saturday we plan on going out again but this time to the 79th st bridge. Would someone who has fished the bridge be willing to help us.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: Bridge Fishing

Post by Moose »

by 36 st bridge do you mean the julia tuttle? how did you get in a ditch?

Jules89
Fisher

Post by Jules89 »

If you head west towards the 2b exit a few feet before there, the guard rail has an opening i pulled over and reversed. Low and behold me and my buddy did not see the drainage ditch in the grass. Lol!

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

No bueno...NEVER enter into those rail openings. That poop is like boobytraps in there...there is some fish around.. but this area gets nailed hard by poachers.. they literally take everything they catch. Some trout n snappers.. poons by the shadow of the bridge, but other than that, good luck..ive fished the julia tuttle for over 30 yrs, and have had some memorable catches, but i am sad to say that it has gone to poops.

Snapperfanatic1828
Weekend Warrior

Post by Snapperfanatic1828 »

Ive never fished 79th st bridge bc idk the area and how the cops will react to seeing us there, but i cant imagine a lot of fishing traffic in that area..if theres not a "no fishing" sign on the bridge, id give it a go. Hell, no im curious...lol...but there should be some snook, snapper, trout and poons as usual..good luck..let us know how it goes

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

that bridge sucks for fishing, but its good for other things related to fishing during colder months and full moons. figure it out.

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MrEnigma »

IM CHUMMING wrote:that bridge sucks for fishing, but its good for other things related to fishing during colder months and full moons. figure it out.
????

Return to “Dade County”