Shore fishing spots around everglades city / chokoloskee

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
jcfaur
Fisher

Shore fishing spots around everglades city / chokoloskee

Post by jcfaur »

Are there any decent shore fishing areas in and around everglades city and chokoloskee? Looking for public areas. Will be meeting up my parents who live in the naples area down there as they are going on an airboat ride with my little sister out of everglades city. Just looking to fish while they do their airboat tour and kill some time. I saw 1 bridge between everglades city and chokoloske, and i saw some shoreline (via google maps) but not sure if its wide enough to fish off or what the deal is. Anyone have some experience?

Sandy Feet
Weekend Warrior

Re: Shore fishing spots around everglades city / chokoloskee

Post by Sandy Feet »

It's been many years since I fished that area , but I'm sure that you can find some place to fish. The area is known for the great snook fishing it affords. Also , the bridge going into Naples is another snook hotspot.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Shore fishing spots around everglades city / chokoloskee

Post by krash »

Rent a kayak over there... you don't need to paddle very far to find Reds & Trout,
can't help with wading not sure there is much in that area for wading, and be careful of the razor sharp oysters. However when I was in the hospital couple weeks ago the room-mate (semi-private rooms) said he fishes over there around the bridges and does very well on catfish.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”