Marco Island Beach Restoration

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
Tgreen25
Fisher

Marco Island Beach Restoration

Post by Tgreen25 »

Any thoughts on whether the beach restoration will help or hinder fishing off the beach? A few years ago some sand was added which created a small dark blue patch that help schools of black drum, and created many fish activity.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Marco Island Beach Restoration

Post by cudaman »

rare wrote:This will be the first time Ive read that it has helped. The other 99% of what I read on here is that it kills fishing till the ocean claims it again

I agree, sands just keeps on washing over any attempts of mother nature to recreate it self. Just wonder how many sand fleas and crabs get killed if any.

An example is Junio Pier. I have heard that it is just starting to get better there because the beach re nourishment made sandbars in front of the pier

South Beach and Miami Beach's rocks and reef was covered by the beach enhancement. Back in the day we were able to swim to them now is just sand. Only place I know with natural rock formation close to the beach in that area is by the Eden Roc Hotel.

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”