Marco Island Surf Fishing

Including Charlotte county - Port Charlotte - Punta Gorda, Glades County - Moore Haven (County Seat) - Palmdale Lee - Cape Coral - Fort Myers - Lehigh Acres - Sanibel - Pine Island - Bonita Springs, Hendry County, Clewiston, Collier County Immokalee - Naples
bigseank22
Seasoned Fisher

Marco Island Surf Fishing

Post by bigseank22 »

Hey Guys,

Going to Marco island and staying in a hotel on the beach this weekend. Trying just to do some light surf fishing. I never use lures for anything so just wondering if a spoon will suffice from shore or should I go with jointed swimbaits or something? TY for the help as usual.

QuintIam
Fisher

Re: Marco Island Surf Fishing

Post by QuintIam »

Wish I could be there. Love Marco in February and March. Fish most every day. Almost entirely from the beach. I'm low budget. Lady fish, pompano, Spanish, sheepshead, black drum, occasional snook. Small sharks are always fun. Lots of catfish if the water is stained. Usually shrimp, live or recently live, or sand fleas for bait. Use lady fish, catfish or skate/rays for toothy critters.

Can't afford to stay on the beach, so we get a place across the street. Access is a challenge, especially when fishing at night. For tarpon of course. At least that is what the cop told me to say if any won questioned what I was doing out there after dark.

I've used pink jigs tipped with a small piece of shrimp for pompano, sand fleas if targeting sheepshead. Probably old news to you. Pink Monty's Jigs for Spanish, but you need to add a foot or so of 50lb leader for those.

The bay at Tiger Tail is good around flood tide. Caught keeper black drum, sheep head and redfish there. Again on mostly shrimp and sand fleas.

This is what I do in February and March. Really don't know what you will find on the beach in the summer. However I'm certain you will have a great time. Good luck!

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Marco Island Surf Fishing

Post by swordfish »

That is what this website is all about! TYVM Quint! We truly appreciate the info! Big, it is now your torch to post a report as a way to pay it forward :wink:

-Swordfish

Return to “SW Florida all Countys”