Hammerhead and BFT on the yak

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Hammerhead and BFT on the yak

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Yesterday I got a 15# BFT and my first hammerhead off Pompano Beach in 180'. The BFT ate a Stretch 25 plug on the troll out, and after I bled and gutted him it must have attracted the sharks cause soon after the hammer ate my gog. Brutal current right now but a lot of people are catching tuna and kings and some wahoo too. Lots of bait on pompano beach the last few times I was there. Tight lines.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Hammerhead and BFT on the yak

Post by cudaman »

great looking video, very nice catches :toast: :toast: :toast:

xmarlyx
Seasoned Fisher

Post by xmarlyx »

great report and nice video! :toast:
- Anthony

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Post by DigiCowboy »

nice catches and cool video!

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

Great vid as usual 8)

Someday I'd like to fish in that area.
I want to Believe

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Thanks guys. I put in quite a bit of work before I got that BFT, as every one of the last 100 bonita I caught I was praying it was a tuna. Hope the next one comes soon, I'm ready for more sushi! Tight lines.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Nice report !! :toast:

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:Thanks guys. I put in quite a bit of work before I got that BFT, as every one of the last 100 bonita I caught I was praying it was a tuna. Hope the next one comes soon, I'm ready for more sushi! Tight lines.
Spoken like a true sportsman, its about putting in the work and than pulling in the one you were looking for
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

You guys make me want to get a kayak... >.< :-p

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

gdm phil wrote:
Poseidon10/31 wrote:Thanks guys. I put in quite a bit of work before I got that BFT, as every one of the last 100 bonita I caught I was praying it was a tuna. Hope the next one comes soon, I'm ready for more sushi! Tight lines.
Spoken like a true sportsman, its about putting in the work and than pulling in the one you were looking for
Thanks, I've been trying to do the research and leg work on my own rather than most noobs who expect everything spoon fed to them. I pick a species I wanna target, read up on how, when, where and what to target them with; and then put the knowledge to the test. I only moved to FL a year ago and I've caught most fish on my bucket list. Still have wahoo, permit, and redfish to go. Before 2013 is over I'm sure Ill have pics up here to cross them off. Tight lines.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Poseidon10/31 wrote:
gdm phil wrote:
Thanks, I've been trying to do the research and leg work on my own rather than most noobs who expect everything spoon fed to them. I pick a species I wanna target, read up on how, when, where and what to target them with; and then put the knowledge to the test. I only moved to FL a year ago and I've caught most fish on my bucket list. Still have wahoo, permit, and redfish to go. Before 2013 is over I'm sure Ill have pics up here to cross them off. Tight lines.
thats what I do with my jigging. im slowly marking off fish that ive gotten, working my way up to big tuna jigging. Im dying for a wahoo on the jig. I plan on conditioning for a year than looking into a up north or long range cali trip. ill be sure to drop u a line you look like someone who might be interested
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”