FFWCC Snook Research data instructions / FORM

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

FFWCC Snook Research data instructions / FORM

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

FFWCC Snook Research data instructions:

Here is the data sheet and instructions for the tournament…

Send it to Lisa Ockelmann-LoBello by mail or email.

Plus if one wants they can just print it out and mail it to her mailing address below. What ever works for each person is fine with her.

Please give BOTH the excel file and the Word doc to each angler who asks for a data sheet. The instructions are very important so send them both together.

Lisa Ockelmann-LoBello ><(((*>
Fisheries Biologist- Snook Research Program
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
c/o SEFSC
75 Virginia Beach Drive
Miami, Florida 33149
Office 305-361-4566
Cell 786-299-0426
lisa.ockelmann-lobello@myfwc.com

YOU MUST COMPLETE THE EXCEL FORM "FILL OUT COMPLETELY"

1) Please fill out name

2) # of anglers means how many were fishing for snook in your party in the same relative spot

3) Fill in how long you targeted snook, by the quarter hour. Ex- if you fished for less than 15 minutes, just put 0.25. If you fished for 20 minutes, you can round it up to 0.50. Two and a quarter hours would be 2.25, and so on.

4) Make sure you only record the number of each size class for released fish, since I know which ever ones you kept were slot sized

5) Give a time range for “time caught”, you only need to fill this in if you caught snook

6) Same for Tide…use the following O= outgoing, I= incoming, S= slack (lowest level before change-no water movement), F= flood (highest level before change- no water movement). If you fished across a tide change, you may list any in combination. Again, fill this in only if you caught snook.

7) Bait type…L= live bait, D= dead natural bait, A= artificial (lure, jig, etc.), F= fly. You may use a combination of the first three, say when you fish with a jig tipped with shrimp, etc. Remember, no gang (multiple) hooks with live or dead natural bait- its illegal. Fill this info in only if you caught snook.

8) Area Fished- be as specific as possible without revealing your honey hole. I am the only one that sees the specificity of the data, and I never, never share that information.

Any questions, please feel free to call me 305-361-4566. I might not return the call right away, just because I am super busy this time of year. But I will call you back as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to participate.
Lisa

Files Needed "Read Both":

Instuctions
http://boatlessfishing.com/download/lis ... ctions.doc
This is the Excel Form
http://boatlessfishing.com/download/lis ... ok2006.xls

Address to send
Fisheries Biologist- Snook Research Program
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
c/o SEFSC
75 Virginia Beach Drive
Miami, Florida 33149
Office 305-361-4566
Cell 786-299-0426
lisa.ockelmann-lobello@myfwc.com
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”